Rearrange the band members - What songs could they perform?

Tyleronlplive

The challenge is to have each of the 6 guys play a different part on a song, but they would have to be able to successfully play it. Whatever one guy does live, the other has to do (for example, Mike plays rhythm and raps on Faint - someone would have to do both of those as well).

And yes, that means that even Rob and Joe have to do different instruments.

I don't think any of the other 5 members are remotely competent at playing a full drum kit. Everyone else could probably move around easily though. Mike can do almost everything Joe does, Phoenix is allegedly about on par with Brad in guitar skills, Brad did a bunch of the bass on Hybrid Theory, Rob could play keys...I guess that leaves Chester on drums and *gulp* Joe on lead vocals.

I don't think any of the other 5 members are remotely competent at playing a full drum kit. Everyone else could probably move around easily though. Mike can do almost everything Joe does, Phoenix is allegedly about on par with Brad in guitar skills, Brad did a bunch of the bass on Hybrid Theory, Rob could play keys...I guess that leaves Chester on drums and *gulp* Joe on lead vocals.

Joe's doing Blackout with Rob on backing vocals lmao.

A song like In Between would be a special one here since it's really just like 3 or 4 of the band members. Maybe a song with more electronic drums than real ones would be alright.

Castle of Glass:

Chester on Drums

Mike on Electronics

Brad on Vocals (Chester's part)

Phoenix on Rhythm and Vocals (Mike's part)

Rob on Acoustic Guitar

Mr. Hahn on Bass

Not too much of a stretch, all of these parts aren't relatively complicated

I guess that leaves Chester on drums

it's funny because i heard once in an interview when chester said that he couldn't play drums to save his life and he is jealous of rob because he is so good. chester on drums would be pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azivg5kGuMki found the interview i was talking about on youtube, chester says it in this interview

Edited by crawling1986

Brad said that Joe is very good singer (LPU XIV track by track 3)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for necropost, but looking for the Frank Maddocks's post in "Got News", I found a interesting quote from Mike present in Minutes to Midnight CD booklet [would be the "Super Fan Edition"?], that could fit on this topic... maybe :P:

"From the onset, we tried to break comfortable writing patterns. Dave and Brad experimented with vocal melodies, Chester and I tried playing drums and percussion, Joe ran songs through guitar amps and effects, and Rob wrote songs on piano. A lot of this stuff never made the final cut, but the trial-and-error nature of the record was important. We spent over fourteen months on this album, and more than half of that time was spent on failed experiments. In the long run, those failures helped us successfully redefine the way we make a song."

If some of these "experiment" made the final cut, this would be great to be in a LPU CD, IMO. Could be terrible, but is a different way to show us how LP made their songs :)