Studio Versions Vs. Demos

thedamian58c

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of LP songs do you usually prefer (in general)?

• Studio Version
    • Demo Version

Intro: I've been thinking of doing this topic for a long time ago, but I didn't think of a good way of organizing it and I didn't have time until now. Ask In case you don't understand something concerning this game.

Rules:

1. You write the title of the song and version of it, that you prefer. (the reason why, is gladly welcomed :) )

2. In case you missed a round, you can always make a vote, simply just by writing that you missed a round and that you write what you chose.

Scoreboard:

Studio Versions Demos

Score (in songs):

1-0

Score (in points):

2-0

Round 1.

In The End vs. The Untitled (In The End Demo)

2-0

Round 2

Figure 09 vs. Figure 09 (Demo)

0-0

Edited by TheDamian58C

The poll is unnecessary, because people can't vote twice (for the next round), for example, someone voted for Studio Version in the "In The End" round, he will not be able to vote again in the next round.

There are two options to solve this:

1. Remove the poll option.

2. Edit the poll option, this round should have "In The End" and "The Untitled" options alone, but for the next round you'll edit the poll and add the two next options ("In The End", "The Untitled", "Song 2 Studio Version" and "Song 2 Demo Version"). That way even if someone missed any of the rounds he can vote later. For the round after you'll edit it again and add another two options and so on.

No, don't use the poll, it's just another way of voting. Poll is for your general opinion about it. For example, you like better demos in general, but you prefer ITE studio version, then you vote for demos in the poll, but you vote for ITE studio version in the post.

Even the first rule says: You write the title of the song and version of it, that you prefer.

It works similar to election threads, but you can vote for the song even if the round is over (of course if you didn't vote for it yet).

Sorry for being unclear, if I get one more negative opinion (with an explanation) about the poll, then I will remove it :)

Definitely ''studio version'' for me. I don't consider any of LP's demos that they have released so far to be better than anything on their studio albums. I also trust the band and they know more about music than I do, so if they feel like a song wasn't good enough to make an album, I agree with that. Don't get me wrong - stuff like Across The Line is great, but it's not album worthy, IMO.

I like both, and I can't decide which one too choose. The demo sounds way less "edited", especially Chester's and Mike's vocals, in studio it's full of echoes, Mike's vocals contain some kind of robotic effect and Chester sounds a bit autotunish in the first part of the bridge. Speaking of bridge, I love both in their own way, demo contains a slow progressing bridge, while studio contains a fast progressing bridge. For me the studio version's sound is a little bit better, because of the electronics and the strings in the background.

Oh, and Geki, if a demo wasn't chosen to be the album version it doesn't necessary mean that band prefer it over the album version. I mean, the band though lyrics to OSC was good enough to let it be album version, but the producer told them to change it. Got my point? It might be that some of the changes between the demo version could be decided by the label or the producer.

I like both, and I can't decide which one too choose. The demo sounds way less "edited", especially Chester's and Mike's vocals, in studio it's full of echoes, Mike's vocals contain some kind of robotic effect and Chester sounds a bit autotunish in the first part of the bridge. Speaking of bridge, I love both in their own way, demo contains a slow progressing bridge, while studio contains a fast progressing bridge. For me the studio version's sound is a little bit better, because of the electronics and the strings in the background.

Oh, and Geki, if a demo wasn't chosen to be the album version it doesn't necessary mean that band prefer it over the album version. I mean, the band though lyrics to OSC was good enough to let it be album version, but the producer told them to change it. Got my point? It might be that some of the changes between the demo version could be decided by the label or the producer.

The band has said numerous times that they won't release an album unless they are 100% satisfied with it. Your argument is invalid. Also, even if one person in the band likes something more, that doesn't mean that the rest of the band agreed, etc.

The band has said numerous times that they won't release an album unless they are 100% satisfied with it. Your argument is invalid. Also, even if one person in the band likes something more, that doesn't mean that the rest of the band agreed, etc.

There's a possibility that they think the demo version is better, but the new studio version is great too, so great that it makes them satisfied. In this case my argument isn't invalid.

Round 1 is ended

In The End vs. The Untitled (In The End Demo)

2-0

Studio version of ITE won!

Studio versions are leading 1-0

Remember: You can still vote for ITE or TU (ITE demo), just by writing the names and saying you want to vote for it, because you didn't vote in the round. And you can change your vote, by writing you want to change your vote from x to y

Round 2

Figure 09 vs. Figure 09 (Demo)

I like the demo chorus, but the synth is cheesy. Studio for me.

You should add Carousel and Part Of Me in this. Also Rhinestone with Forgotten demo.

I will do it later, I divided whole studios vs. demos "fight" into rounds

With a couple exceptions, usually the studio versions.

Well, since I divided voting onto rounds, then you can vote for each song individually.