Mike featured in documentary, "The Distortion of Sound"

RogueSoul

Releases album after album with completely brickwalled mastering and doesn't bat an eyelash.

Plays major role in documentary that basically consists of a bunch of nitpicking over lossy audio bitrates, claiming that's what's ruining the quality of music these days.

That's the Shinoda Way! :rolleyes:

This thread could have been locked after Astat stated the obvious. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so I can fit 740 songs on my phone.

I'm fortunate enough to have a 32GB iPod Touch and I literally have nothing but 16-bit 44.1kHz rips from all of my CD's and original music. I'm a sound whore, and I listen to music through IEM's, monitors, and Apple's new earpods (which are surprisingly decent) I have only a handful of .mp3's. I'm at about 20GB used for 633 songs. You should atleast upgrade to 320kbps .mp3, I assure you don't need all of that music. I have what I have simply because I can without sacrificing anything.

I forgot to say: They said that songs lose emotion after comprasion or something like that. But in my opinion emotion stays (not entirely, but still) independently from quality. Even if emotions would be dependent of quality, then only the strongest emotions would be shown in bad quality. So then it would mean that: when song is judged emotionally, then it should be judged in bad quality.

I felt in love to LP when I still used shitty wireless headphones.

Btw who can really tell the difference between a 320 mp3 and a flac? do a test and tell me your results

It gets really noticeable at louder volumes. When I get an actual copy of an album after listening to a burnt 320 rip and blast it in my car, the difference is night and day.

320 gets the job done though so I'm not really all that picky about it.