2014.06.08 - Nürnberg, Germany - Rock im Park

On the 8th, Linkin Park plays the sixth show of their current European Tour in Nürnberg, Germany at Rock im Park. This festival is held at Volkspark Dutzendteich. This will be the band's fifth show at Rock im Park, but it will be only their fourth different year playing there.

The first show at Rock im Park for LP came in June 2001 on their US-to-Europe Tour, a chaotic little tour that took them around the world performing a mix of festivals and headlining shows. Linkin Park played a nice little thirteen song set at Frankenstadion earlier in the day and was later asked to fill in for Slipknot on the side stage (Eishalle) at a 1:00am time slot, because Slipknot had literally disappeared after their show the night before in Bremen. At this show, Linkin Park had a lot of fun and changed the setlist up to open with A Place For My Head and Forgotten for the Slipknot fans. By the end of the show, they had won the crowd over and even Fred from Limp Bizkit had come out at three points during the set. Drunken fun for everyone, we suppose!

Since they skipped Rock im Park in 2004 to headline Download, the next Linkin Park show at Rock im Park was not until 2007. That show and their next appearance in 2012 proved to be hits with the German crowds, who were as crazy as ever at both shows.

Last night on the 7th, the band played a very memorable show at Rock am Ring, which will be changing venues after this year. Marek Lieberberg (MLK, the famous German promoter) watched the show side stage with his family and was mentioned by Chester on Bleed It Out. All in all, the band performed very well and a rowdy crowd showed up (blowing the 2012 crowd out of the water) for the show. Jonas from LPLive staff got Mike to do a different verse on his solo medley and a verse from Hands Held High made an appearance! There are many highlights of the show, so just check it out for yourself if you haven't seen it yet. Downloads are in the forums in both the media section and the Rock am Ring show thread. Ten years and one day after they played an epic show at Rock am Ring 2004, Linkin Park closed the chapter on the festival at Nürburgring and hopefully will return in a few years to headline it again at its new location!

We'd like to thank Thomas from BlackChester.de for including LPLive on the show flag for Rock am Ring that was displayed on Mike's keyboard! That's two Rock am Ring's in a row (2012 and 2014) that have featured LPLive on a flag on stage, both by Thomas!

At Rock im Park, we expect the same setlist of course (only changing for Download), but we are interested to see if Mike changes the verse in his medley once again!

After this show, Italy gets its first Linkin Park show since 2011 when the band plays Milano (last played in 2001!) on the 10th. Greenfield in Switzerland and Download in England follow to close out the tour. The full 2014 tour schedule can be found here.

All right. 5th Rock im Park, but 4th one in a different year ;).

I wonder if BR will broadcast some highlights, or a few more songs than that, like last time?

I hope they do a 2012 special like last time. That is an amazing show!

Same setlist and the Skin To Bone verse was in the medley. Added the show page.

Pics + etc will be up when Jonas returns from both shows.

If anyone has any source stuff for the tour to add, let me know and I'll get it added.

Is this source from Slipknot-disappeared show circulated?, or have I just forget about this show

Sources: Source 1: Audio - AUD (DAT: Sony ECM-MS907 > Sony TCD-D8)
Taper: Sebastian S.
Time: 52:28 mins
Format: FLAC / 324 MB
Comments: None.

Is this source from Slipknot-disappeared show circulated?, or have I just forget about this show

Sources: Source 1: Audio - AUD (DAT: Sony ECM-MS907 > Sony TCD-D8)

Taper: Sebastian S.

Time: 52:28 mins

Format: FLAC / 324 MB

Comments: None.

please use the search function and keep your posts relevant to the topic. It might be the same festival, but discussing downloads/sources to other shows is not on topic.

try here - http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1578

I was there and had a M&G.

It was my first time seeing LP at a festival and it was interesting to see the crowd reaction to certain songs and the overall show because there were not only LP fans .

The COG Experience Version was very well received by the crowd. I liked it a lot too. Whereas I seemed to be the only one who enjoyed Joe's solo. That was killer.

Also people LOVE BID and ND. Me not so much but everyone I could see around me went crazy. Now I understand why LP will probably never drop these.

When they played ITE and Mike started playing guitar I immediately noticed it. It's such a small thing but it made the song sound ten times better imo. I didn't notice it on any recordings but live...different story. Really like it.

It looked like not many people were familiar with UIG but they all seemed to know GATS.

Another thing that kinda shocked me was the people around me just sat trough LITE but went off for ALTNC before. I enjoyed LITE very much.

Rob's drum solo was more than great. I can't remember it being that good in the past years. I think he really improved during the THP recordings. It was fantastic.

Of course I can't speak for the whole crowd but that was my impression based on the people around me. (And I'm tall so I saw a lot lol)

The stage setup is awesome. I would say one of the best ever. Overall the show was great and well received by the crowd.

And now I can't wait for "THe Hunting Party" :)

Edited by wiiesel

I was there and had a M&G.

It was my first time seeing LP at a festival and it was interesting to see the crowd reaction to certain songs and the overall show because there were obviously not only LP fans.

The COG Experience Version was very well received by the crowd. I liked it a lot too. Whereas I seemed to be the only one who enjoyed Joe's solo. That was killer.

Also people LOVE BID and ND. Me not so much but everyone I could see around me went crazy. Now I understand why LP will probably never drop these.

When they played ITE and Mike started playing guitar I immediately noticed it. It's such a small thing but it made the song sound ten times better imo. I didn't notice it on any recordings but live...different story. Really like it.

It looked like not many people were familiar with UIG but they all seemed to know GATS.

Another thing that kinda shocked me was the people around me just sat trough LITE but went off for ALTNC before. I enjoyed LITE very much.

Rob's drum solo was more than great. I can't remember it being that good in the past years. I think he really improved during the THP recordings. It was fantastic.

Of course I can't speak for the whole crowd but that was my impression based on the people around me. (And I'm tall so I saw a lot lol)

The stage setup is awesome. I would say one of the best ever. Overall the show was great and well received by the crowd.

And now I can't wait for "THe Hunting Party" :)

very very similiar for me in Wroclaw (and that wasnt festival) especially Burn it Down (suprised they even play this) and UIG and GATS

Edited by DaweLP1

Not the best show of LP IMO, autotune sucked on GATS, "My life, my pride is broken" is sung by crowd again, the screams were not the best either. What I liked was "1,2...1,2 fuck you!" in GU, HHH in Mike's solo was awesome, drum solo was insane and very good that there almost wasn't technical difficulties.

I don't really now if there will be a broadcast of any show from RiP, because this year, the BR isn't even mentionend on the tickets nor the RiP homepage. So it seems to be that they are no more an official media partner.

Compare the tickets from 2012 and this year: You will notice that there is no more "Bayern 3" or "on 3" logo on the tickets, which are the channels of the BR. Now only the "Nürnberger Nachrichten", the local newspaper, is the only sponsor which is a media company.

And so if the BR is now more the media partner, I think it won't have the rights, nor the material to broadcast.