The Guests List

Skipees

[*]David Banner - Like A Pimp Vs. Papercut

[*]Roc Raida (X-Ecutioners) - X-Ecutioner Style

I don't think David Banner had anything to do with this track.

I think the only ones who worked on the Rock Phenomenon mash-ups were DJ Vlad and Roc Raida.

Maybe the only reason we consider this an official remix is because Mike hosted the mixtape.

I don't think David Banner had anything to do with this track.

I think the only ones who worked on the Rock Phenomenon mash-ups were DJ Vlad and Roc Raida.

Maybe the only reason we consider this an official remix is because Mike hosted the mixtape.

LP/management would have had to provide a Papercut acapella for that mashup, which isn't something that's publicly available. I'd consider it official for that reason. You're right about David Banner though, production of that mixtape was all by Vlad and Rock Raida (with the exception of the D12 vs. Mobb Depp vs. Queen track, which was done by Green Lantern).

I'm also not entirely sure which members of the X-Ecutioners were actually involved in X-Ecutioner Style.

Edited by Astat

I agree with Astat.

Standing In The Middle

"Standing In The Middle" too.

There's two BMI entries for the song. The first entry (probably created when the song was recorded) credits only Mike Shinoda, Motion Man and KutMasta Kurt. The second one (created when the song was released on LPU 4.0) credits only the Linkin Park members.

I always thought of "Standing In The Middle" as an outtake from this album.

Hmm wow great find. I never knew there two BMI entries for the song. I always assumed Standing In The Middle was a leftover LP song that they did and then Shinoda tossed them on it to "warm up" for Reanimation, like 'Do What We Did' for Fort Minor (the first track he did with Ryu, Cheapshot, and Tak for the project).

It seems you are right. The LPU 4 booklet says, "Standing In The Middle is a brand new song I did with Kutmasta Kurt and Motion Man. This is the first time this track has been made available." He says *I*, not *Linkin Park*. In that case I believe you're dead on with the guess about that. An outtake from that Clearing The Field release. Very nice.

Yes, Standing in the Middle is a song by Motion Man / KutMasta Kurt with Mike only, not all the band. In the credits of LPU4.0 you can see: Performed by Motion Man featuring Mike Shinoda. Produced by KutMasta Kurt. Mixed by Mike Shinoda. Chorus Guitar by Mike Shinoda [...]

Edited by kiq fLP

• 2 weeks later...

Page Hamilton - vocals on "All For Nothing"
Source

I know you won't add this until the album comes out but I'm leaving this here so we won't forget:

Page Hamilton - vocals on "All For Nothing"
Source

+ guitar
Source

Daron Malakian (System Of A Down / Scars On Broadway) - guitar and bass on "Rebellion"
Source

Edit:
The David Banner thing still needs to be fixed.

Rob Cavallo - producer on "Wastelands"
Source

Emile Haynie - producer/songwriter/composer on "Final Masquerade"
Source

Edit:
Tom Morello (Lock Up / Rage Against The Machine / Audioslave / The Nightwatchman / Street Sweeper Social Club) - guitar on "Drawbar"

• 2 months later...

Only DJ Vlad and Roc Raida worked on "Like A Pimp Vs. Papercut".

You forgot to add Daron under "Guitar".

Added Roc Raida and DJ Vlad, I think we should keep David Banner too, even though he didn't actively added something to the mashup. It's like LP and David Banner are the guests of Roc Raida and DJ Vlad in this track if that make sense.

It was under cello -somehow- lol.

• 5 months later...

What to do with the Mall tracks and the people who worked around it? Is it belongs here or since it's not a "Linkin Park" release it should stay out of the list?

I think we can call them Linkin Park songs. Not every member of the band worked on every song they released.

- Issho Ni was just Mike;

- Brad didn't work on Asbestos;

- Mike was the only Linkin Park member on Standing In The Middle;

- The Messenger was recorded by Brad, Mike and Chester;

and the list goes on...

Joe about the soundtrack:

A lot of them were just little song ideas that (Linkin Park) had that didn’t really quite have a home, and this was our way of finding a home for them. And then the rest were just kind of experiments that Alec and I were able to put together, but it was definitely inspired by the band’s music.

The thing is, the songs are Linkin Park demos, that reworked and recorded by Linkin Park members, but were released under the band members names and not under Linkin Park's name.

For example, It's Goin' Down isn't on the list, even if this song contains two band members, the band played it live, it was even released as part of the Hip-Hop Medley on LPU 4.0 etc..

I don't really care about it (we can described these kind of things as Linkin Park songs in my opinion), but in the other hand I'm trying to be consistent as much as possible.

• 1 year later...

Backyard Bangers, King Fantastic and Rad Omen are all projects by Troublemaker.

"Roads Untraveled (Rad Omen Remix feat. Bun B)" was remixed by him.

"The Catalyst (King Fantastic Remix)" was also remixed by him and the additional vocals were done by Killer Reese One.

Edit:

Double Dust, who remixed Burn It Down, is a duo composed of Johsian Vazquez and Johvan Vazquez.

Darker Than Blood (with Steve Aoki) is missing from the list.

Official remixes by Bassjackers (Marlon Flohr and Ralph Van Hilst), Panic City, Dirty Audio and Josh Macias were released.

There's also that random Burn It Down remix by Charly Beck and Martin Von Auen.

Edited by lpliveusername

• 2 months later...