In Pieces!!

I searched, and don't seem to be able to find a thread dedicated to this. Chester Bennington said that In Pieces was written in such a way that everyone can have their own meaning for the song, and thats the way it should stay. My question is this: What does the song mean to you? Reworded: What is the song about to you?

In my eyes, the song is about a break up, where neither really wants to break up, but both are too stubborn to do anything about it. Thats a shortened version of it.

Please post what you think the song means to you.

NOTE: PLEASE do NOT criticize what people say in this thread. There is no wrong answer, every one takes the song in a different way. Thanks!

The song to me is about Samantha and Chester's breakup/relationship, and I'm 99.9% sure that's correct too. A Cali PR07 show he said "That's for every...fucking...ex...asshole lover....in the world...fuck you". Gotta be about Samantha for him. "Don't lie...to me". I mean it's so obvious....

No LP song has any meaning "to me" other than what the band intended it to mean. NMS and HHH are about George Bush, TLTGYA is about Katrina, Valentine's Day is about Chester being alone without Sam on VDay, etc. Bleed It Out is about a party. MTM is really the first album they have done that has songs dedicated to other shit besides just relationships and shit

Ye, BIO is about song writting process, band and their hard work.

And I have to agree with Hahn'r - it's about Chester and his first wife.

In interview he said " get your own idea " , just because he's not going to say it straight. I wouldn't say that too.

The song to me is about Samantha and Chester's breakup/relationship, and I'm 99.9% sure that's correct too. A Cali PR07 show he said "That's for every...fucking...ex...asshole lover....in the world...fuck you". Gotta be about Samantha for him. "Don't lie...to me". I mean it's so obvious....

No LP song has any meaning "to me" other than what the band intended it to mean. NMS and HHH are about George Bush, TLTGYA is about Katrina, Valentine's Day is about Chester being alone without Sam on VDay, etc. Bleed It Out is about a party. MTM is really the first album they have done that has songs dedicated to other shit besides just relationships and shit

Chester has used tons of quotes for In Pieces. Like

''I don't know about any of you, but uh, how many people out here have someone who used to be special in their life that they wish would just get in a car crash and fucking die already?'' ''This next song is about someone who might be like that.'' - Detroit '08