Brad Talks to Rolling Stone

hahninator

Brad sat down to discuss the Concert for the Philippines and other Linkin Park endeavors, like Hybrid Theory in full, with Rolling Stone recently. Here are some highlights:

How did you put together the lineup?

Our band responded immediately and we just started making phone calls. We got a lot of responses from groups that couldn’t do it for a lot of reasons, like someone might be on tour. A lot of those groups have donated items and experiences to an auction we’re gonna do, so beyond the Offspring and special guests we have committed for the show there are a lot of groups, like Dave Grohl was super generous in donating something, Thirty Seconds To Mars as well, Green Day, Chili Peppers were really helpful, Rick Rubin was helpful, there are a ton of people to make this thing work. That’s why it’s called Music for Relief, because it’s really a response for the entire music community for this important cause.

You are playing Hybrid Theory in its entirety at the Download Festival. Will you be doing that anyplace else?

Right now that’s the only place we’ve announced we’re gonna do that. Since 2000 we’ve never played Hybrid Theory in its entirety. And even then I don’t know if we played the whole album as an album and this is gonna be quite a special experience for fans who are in the U.K. for the Download Festival.

With all these tour dates announced in summer does this mean the album will be done by then?

We’re in the studio almost every day working on our album for next year, so it’s a very fun time for us and very creative. It’ll be out when it’s ready, we’re working very hard toward that end and it’s been a really fun process so far. Right now we’re still in the early phases of everything so everything’s really nebulous, we’re just trying to capture an initial inspiration and see where it leads us.

Read the full article here.

Thoughts?

Bad Religion is awesome. I do like some songs by The Offspring, but not all. I would love to attend this show.. Great line up so far. Wow.

Also, great news about the album. It's good that they are in the beginning phases. I don't want a rushed album at all. Take their time.

Right now that’s the only place we’ve announced we’re gonna do that.

I think they will do it in full elsewhere. Only place they've announced for right now? That means it's very likely they have discussed doing it somewhere else. Maybe an LA or NYC warmup show before the summer tour kicks off, just so they aren't rusty in Europe coming out strong at a festival.

I think they will do it in full elsewhere. Only place they've announced for right now? That means it's very likely they have discussed doing it somewhere else. Maybe an LA or NYC warmup show before the summer tour kicks off, just so they aren't rusty in Europe coming out strong at a festival.

NYC warm up show would be EPIC. I'd definitely go.