iTunes Australia Gives Preview of High Rise EP

Numbrocker

...As I said before:

How is this overproduced? Is it auto-tuned? Probably, but EVERY SINGLE LINKIN PARK SONG SINCE HYBRID THEORY (except for MAYBE The Messenger) has had auto-tuned vocals. It's an industry standard. It has been for a decade and a half. In terms of the use of more OBVIOUS pitch correction/vocal effects, Out of Ashes' vocals aren't any more "over-produced" than the vocals on the last two Linkin Park albums (although there are certainly more layered harmonies than the typical LP song has), and this STP stuff is SIGNIFICANTLY more raw-sounding than any of those 3 records.

I'm honestly BAFFLED by this. STP is a pretty straightforward rock band, no keyboards, no DJ, no need for any crazy electronic vocal effects. Meanwhile, Linkin Park has been employing the use of vocoders, flanger effects, tons of echo, vocal scratching/"chopping," etc. for the last several years...but somehow the vocals on LP records hardly get criticized at all, yet THIS is "overproduced?" Do people seriously think Chester should sound like he's singing in the fucking Ramones when he's not on a Linkin Park record or what?

I was talking about how over produced OOA was not high rise I was just comparing that I don't like the songs on the ep, but I do like how chester voice is raw on this EP like how it was when his old songs were acoustic not how they ended up on OOA that's what I was meant to say. but I'm not saying it's over produced in fact I like the production on this. Probley could have said it better but Iv got a virus so my brain isn't working how I want it to lol

Edited by HAARP

Wow. I mean wow. Definitely not what I was expecting from this. Chester's voice sounds like the damn overprocessed shit on the Dead By Sunrise album. What in the world? Same On The Inside and Cry Cry are perfect examples.

I've never liked STP so I guess this is not my type of jams. Not impressed one bit. Sounds as generic as it gets.

I'll take a little bit of this lol

well said mark. feel the same way.

try to make the lyrics to these songs:

03. same on the inside

sending out the messege to the world

but I just can't seem to find the words

no one want to die alone

broken hand and seeing

question's every last decision

and every empty page

telling me the answer

telling me how to find my happy ending