iTunes Australia Gives Preview of High Rise EP

Numbrocker

Alternative Nation posted that iTunes Australia is giving 90 second previews of STP's High Rise EP.

High Rise Tracklisting:

1. Out of Time - 3:04

2. Black Heart - 3:10

3. Same On The Inside - 3:15

4. Cry Cry - 3:29

5. Tomorrow - 3:30

This is their thoughts on the unheard songs.

The clip of "Same On The Inside" reminds me of Tiny Music…Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop and Purple instrumentally (with a hint of Talk Show), the song sounds like a definite hit and the 90 second clip is the best thing I've heard so far from the new incarnation of STP. The DeLeos' riff that leads into the chorus soars. Chester Bennington sings during the memorable chorus, "When do we stop pretending we're all the same on the inside?" The clip shows the song has all of the makings of STP pop rock bliss.

On the "Tomorrow" clip Dean DeLeo channels Jimmy Page but Bennington's melody gives the song a modern feel. Bennington sings, "Tomorrow's just a dream I can't contain/It's like a fire I can't contain/And though it seems so far away/It's just a day a lonely day."

"Cry Cry" has a very southern vibe during the verses, where Bennington channels Scott Weiland circa Velvet Revolver vocally, with some No. 4 melodic sensibilities.

Article here.

Thoughts?

I did. Seems Black Heart is available for purchase in Australia iTunes...

That's explain how I heard that without watermarks earlier.

Wtf, why not the US?

Little specials or early releases are some ways to keep the interest in all of the markets around the world.

Wow. I mean wow. Definitely not what I was expecting from this. Chester's voice sounds like the damn overprocessed shit on the Dead By Sunrise album. What in the world? Same On The Inside and Cry Cry are perfect examples.

I've never liked STP so I guess this is not my type of jams. Not impressed one bit. Sounds as generic as it gets.

I'll take a little bit of this lol

I really like it. Honestly didn't see it didn't sound overproduced to me like DBS. I mean DBS was really a disaster production wise.

This is really my type of music, and I see them being really successful with it. Plus Chester seems to be truly enjoying himself.

Personally I can't wait to be able to hear the whole EP. I really love how Same On the Inside is sounding, and Cry Cry sounded beautiful to me. Then Tomorrow was slower than I imagined, but still good.

I'm excited lol.

Hopefully this EP leaks soon. I don't want to wait all the way until October fucking 9th for the music. I'm already buying multiple copies of the EP, I want my music now. I don't want to listen to a shitty quality rip of Black Heart, either. I want it to be the same quality as Out Of Time that I purchased from iTunes, with no annoying ''iHeart radio on demand'' shit throughout the song, or having the intro be cut, like the version on YouTube without the iHeart shit. Hurry up and leak!!!

Hopefully this EP leaks soon. I don't want to wait all the way until October fucking 9th for the music. I'm already buying multiple copies of the EP, I want my music now. I don't want to listen to a shitty quality rip of Black Heart, either. I want it to be the same quality as Out Of Time that I purchased from iTunes, with no annoying ''iHeart radio on demand'' shit throughout the song, or having the intro be cut, like the version on YouTube without the iHeart shit. Hurry up and leak!!!

iTunes quality of Black Heart has been out for at least 2 days now.

iTunes quality of Black Heart has been out for at least 2 days now.

I can't purchase it in the iTunes store (Australia only, for a UNITED STATES BAND), and you get in trouble here if I ask someone for an mp3, so doesn't really apply for me.

I'm a big fan of linkin park and a big fan of stone temple pilots seen them live and hearing that chester had joined them I was made up as Scott was pulling the band down. I was looking foreword to this ep from when I heard out of time but from hearing the previews of the rest of the songs I really don't like it, it's like a let down like DBS was. I love hearing Chester's voice in its rawness like how his old songs sounded when he sang them acoustic not when it's all over produced like it was with OOA really disappointed with this

I'm a big fan of linkin park and a big fan of stone temple pilots seen them live and hearing that chester had joined them I was made up as Scott was pulling the band down. I was looking foreword to this ep from when I heard out of time but from hearing the previews of the rest of the songs I really don't like it, it's like a let down like DBS was. I love hearing Chester's voice in its rawness like how his old songs sounded when he sang them acoustic not when it's all over produced like it was with OOA really disappointed with this

...As I said before:

Love how some people think any song with vocal harmonies = "overproduced vocals." :lol:

How is this overproduced? Is it auto-tuned? Probably, but EVERY SINGLE LINKIN PARK SONG SINCE HYBRID THEORY (except for MAYBE The Messenger) has had auto-tuned vocals. It's an industry standard. It has been for a decade and a half. In terms of the use of more OBVIOUS pitch correction/vocal effects, Out of Ashes' vocals aren't any more "over-produced" than the vocals on the last two Linkin Park albums (although there are certainly more layered harmonies than the typical LP song has), and this STP stuff is SIGNIFICANTLY more raw-sounding than any of those 3 records.

I'm honestly BAFFLED by this. STP is a pretty straightforward rock band, no keyboards, no DJ, no need for any crazy electronic vocal effects. Meanwhile, Linkin Park has been employing the use of vocoders, flanger effects, tons of echo, vocal scratching/"chopping," etc. for the last several years...but somehow the vocals on LP records hardly get criticized at all, yet THIS is "overproduced?" Do people seriously think Chester should sound like he's singing in the fucking Ramones when he's not on a Linkin Park record or what?

Edited by Astat

Maybe they are expecting his singing for every song to be like in Dead & Bloated or Out Of Time. Guys just listen to the STP Sunrise show, maybe that gives you a better idea how STP songs with Chester sound like in general.

Just listened to the previews for the first time, Chester sings differently with STP, softer, maybe not as rough as some people want it to be I guess.

...As I said before:

How is this overproduced? Is it auto-tuned? Probably, but EVERY SINGLE LINKIN PARK SONG SINCE HYBRID THEORY (except for MAYBE The Messenger) has had auto-tuned vocals. It's an industry standard. It has been for a decade and a half. In terms of the use of more OBVIOUS pitch correction/vocal effects, Out of Ashes' vocals aren't any more "over-produced" than the vocals on the last two Linkin Park albums (although there are certainly more layered harmonies than the typical LP song has), and this STP stuff is SIGNIFICANTLY more raw-sounding than any of those 3 records.

I'm honestly BAFFLED by this. STP is a pretty straightforward rock band, no keyboards, no DJ, no need for any crazy electronic vocal effects. Meanwhile, Linkin Park has been employing the use of vocoders, flanger effects, tons of echo, vocal scratching/"chopping," etc. for the last several years...but somehow the vocals on LP records hardly get criticized at all, yet THIS is "overproduced?" Do people seriously think Chester should sound like he's singing in the fucking Ramones when he's not on a Linkin Park record or what?

Idk. I love this guy.

Edited by Wayne7x