LIVING THINGS Cycle - Come To An End

Geki

So as many of you know, the LIVING THINGS cycle has come to an end recently with the last show in Asia being completed. This thread's purpose is to look back on the album cycle as a whole; what interested you the most, fond memories, discuss tours, etc. I usually do this after each album cycle is completed.

- The very first thing I remember for the LIVING THINGS cycle was the news that the first single would be called ''Burn It Down'' and that they were currently shooting a music video for it. It took me by surprise because it came out of nowhere, I didn't think we would get a new album that soon after ATS came out. I remember some of the video stills (like Chester discussing the song in that black tanktop) and stuff.

- I remember the very first clips of Burn It Down surfacing and the fans were going crazy. Then of coarse, the infamous ''potato rip'' came about. I must have played that like 100 times, despite the shitty quality. Then LP actually leaked the song before the official release date on their YouTube page and I remember just replaying that over and over again, I loved it.

- I remember when the HCT was first announced and I freaked out about making sure I could get pit tickets. I got pit tickets for Uncasville and Mansfield. I wasn't originally going to go to Camden, but then the Summit got announced and I got a lawn ticket for Camden. I was super excited.

- I remember all the awesome promo shows the band played before the album came out. I watched all the webcasts live almost religiously, I specifically remember Rock in Rio and the X-Games show in particular, those were amazing days and nights for me. Also, Jimmy Kimmel was pretty awesome, watching that on TV.

- Then of coarse, the infamous scavenger hunt, and Lies Greed Misery premiering on Zane Lowe... I remember listening live on the internet and I was like ''wtf?'' immediately after I heard it, then I downloaded some low quality rip of the song and played it in my car and it grew on me. The screaming is what I missed from ATS, I loved it.

- Next up, the album leak. I guess someone leaked the album on iTunes stream, right? Was it the band themselves? Anyways, it was a EPIC first listening. I was sitting in my room just going crazy. I remember head banging to Lost In the Echo at first. I loved all the songs. All the teaser videos and stuff from weeks before got me pumped up. I was most excited for Victimized because of that one critic who said it was LP's heavier song yet, even heavier than Qwerty. I remember hearing the drums at the intro and just went nuts. I loved that song. Short, but awesome. I thought it would be a bit heavier but still awesome. Powerless really hit me by surprise, it was definitely my favorite song at the time. The lyrics definitely hit me, I connected so well with what I was going through at the time it was almost scary. No song has ever been able to connect with me like that before. That situation and those lyrics just fit extremely well.

- Once the HCT came, that was amazing. Uncasville wasn't the greatest because of the situation with my girlfriend at the time, but the show was actually pretty awesome and I was front row. With You with Game Of Thrones intro was epic. Then came Mansfield, which was my favorite. Front row again, and I also had a meet and greet and got my LPU6 newsletter signed by the band. The band was on fire that night, I still haven't found a better performance of Victimized. Then was the Summit and Camden. I remember driving like 6 hours in the middle of the night to get there early to wait in line. The Summit was epic. I met tons of LP fans in the community, and the whole thing was fun. The lunch was an awesome addition, and riding in the trolley across Camden was both funny and entertaining at times, especially when our driver got lost somewhat. Lol. Adam was like wtf. Then was the meet and greet, I got to show Chester my Bucket Of Weenies shirt that I made and I got to give him a letter I had written for him. The band also played The Messenger and In My Remains, both acoustic, earlier in the day for us which was epic. Then next up was the group pic, I was right up front with Chester in the pic. So awesome.. The show was great, too. Great set. It was interesting because I had never seen LP in the lawn before. It was pouring rain and everyone started singing along and going crazy, I felt a connection that I never felt before at a concert. It's like we all bonded, singing LP, with LP, in the rain and just not caring. One of the best concert experiences I've ever had actually.

- Next up was the South America and South Africa shows, all great and awesome shows. I really enjoyed them. The whole MOH thing was during this time too, that was cool. After those shows, LP played the VGA's and performed Castle Of Glass for the first time, really epic. The AAC show was also really cool, I loved how Chester wore that santa hat.

- Next up was Soundwave... all EPIC shows. The Las Vegas show was before this as well, that was a really cool show. Soundwave was sick though. I wish I could have went. I loved a lot of the bands that played. Really fun times. Remember when Chester stopped POA for the fan that fell? Reminded me of Docklands 2001, so epic.

- Next up was the announcement for SSMF. I couldn't believe I was able to go. The excitement killed me for a few months, because LP news was so slow, too. Finally, it was July 31st and I was in the airport getting ready to head to LA. I was so excited. When we got there, I got to do tons of awesome stuff. I got to see the Laurel Canyon house where LP made MTM, we pulled in and I took a bunch of pics and stuff and got to see the entire yard before some guy asked what we were doing there. I wish we could have got to go inside... would have been a dream come true for me. Anyways, we then went to Santa Monica Beach, Hollywood Blvd, House of Blues LA, tons of really cool places in LA over the coarse of our trip. The day of the show was HECTIC. Had to wait SUPER early (8am to 11:30am) just to get our tickets at will call. Then I went to line up in line, we had to wait there until 2PM before getting let into ANOTHER line, where we waited ANOTHER hour. 3PM we finally got let in and everyone ran to the stage. I couldn't run as fast, I wasn't able to get the barricade at the LPU section, but directly behind the person at the barricade. I have really bad back problems so I really struggled all day not being able to lean and stand all day. Street Drum Corps opened up and was crazy. Next was Finch who were alright. Next was Black Rebel Motorcycle Club who wasn't really my cup of tea, but played a few good songs. Next up was AWOLNATION who actually were really good. The crowd loved them. Chester was watching them and people were going CRAZY because he was standing next to us. Haha. Finally, it was time for LP. The first thing we heard was the APFMH intro and people were going crazy. The band brought it, all the performances were spot on. The screams, raps, etc. They talked about their past as a band and stuff. COG was really good. Once LP was over, I couldn't walk and fell over. Like I said, my back has severe problems. I got up and barely made it to the car. Needless to say, we got some drive thru (in and out burger) and I drank a shit ton of water and gatorade, and we went back to the hotel and I crashed. Haha.

- After we got back from LA, I was surprised by the Steve Aoki collaboration in Japan, I never expected that. Not much else to say about the Asia tour except that the shows seemed good and the band obviously had fun.

Overall, this was a good album cycle. I feel bad for the people in Europe who didn't get a proper tour, that sucks... I still love the album, but my favorite song is definitely I'LL BE GONE, which I didn't even like that much back when the album came out. Haha. A lot of good times.. I'm ready for album 6.

Edited by Geki

Surprised you didn't mention stuff like WY and SIB returning and the fact they didnt play almost half the album though

The main parts in his overview are the album release and the Sunset Strip show. This is not "live" overview, this is general overview, and I guess that's why he put this here and not in "Live Talk".

---

Good overview Geki.

The main parts in his overview are the album release and the Sunset Strip show. This is not "live" overview, this is general overview, and I guess that's why he put this here and not in "Live Talk".

I still consider it as a big part of the cycle, even if it doesnt necessarily pertain to LT. Especially for this side of the community that cares a lot for the live scene. Edited by Soul

I still consider it as a big part of the cycle, even if it doesnt necessarily pertain to LT. Especially for this side of the community that cares a lot for the live scene.

This is why you should wait for the Newswire thread about the cycle.

Id have to say for this cycle, the biggest news to me was in 2012 seeing the setlists and preps for the HCT. My head was full of wot when i saw With You, POA and all these other songs be brought back to life.. i remember i was at school studying for my Year 12 HSC and i shit my pants hahah, it was epic. i loved ATS but seeing all these new changes to the setlists really blew my mind.. victimized with QWERTY and the LFY/Papercut mashup .. the ballad medley, Sabotage over BIO bridge, numb encore outro .. it made it really seem like the band was trying to revive alot of the older stuff. i guess thats why im so keen to see them change their setlists again, to get that excitement back.

i remember i was also at school and Lies Greed Misery had just been premiered and i played it out loud in the library. soon as it started my mate heard it and was like WTF doesnt sound like linkin park.. i was just as surprised.

soundwave was fucking crazy, never forget it...

overall it was good, album was good (coulda been better -__- ), tour cycle of course could have been better.. LITE favourite song from LT... im ready for album six!

I still consider it as a big part of the cycle, even if it doesnt necessarily pertain to LT. Especially for this side of the community that cares a lot for the live scene.

I don't care about old songs returning, it doesn't really interest me. The energy of the band is what interests me at live shows. I didn't include old songs returning because it didn't interest me and because it didn't have anything to do with the cycle for me. This wasn't a review, it was just what your own invidual memories and thoughts were looking back on the cycle, it can be anything.