DSP's: Select Picks

Geki

Since we possibly may not be getting another DSP ever again, I had an idea to make a compilation of the gems from all of the DSP's released, all the way from Auburn '07 to Johannesburg '12. For example, a gem would be A Place For My Head from Paris 2010. I don't mean entire DSP's, I just mean maybe a special track or something from different shows and stuff. I don't have the time to listen to every single DSP to pick out gems but I was wondering if you guys here could help me with some.

EDIT: Also, I don't want to make a super lengthy compilation. I want the best of the best gems. Like maybe 20 songs or so.

01. Given Up (Montreal, 2008)

02. A Place For My Head (Paris, 2010)

03. In Pieces (Detroit, 2008)

04. Faint /w Pez brothers (Sydney, 2010)

05. Blackout (Salt Lake City, 2011)

06. Bleed It Out (Chiba City, 2011) Night 2

Edited by Geki

Thank you for those. I don't want to have multiples of songs because I am trying to keep the compilation about 20 tracks, so I added Given Up (Montreal 2008) because of the full scream. I know there are Selma 2007 and Columbus 2008, but I felt Montreal was the best of the 3. I'm thinking about maybe adding A Place For My Head from Paris 2010 just because it hadn't been played since '08 at that point and because it shocked so many people, not to mention it didn't fully return until 2012. I also like In Pieces from Detroit 2008 because of Chester's speech before the song, even if it is a little harsh.

No bias there

Shhhh. :P

I will probably end up using Pez's show out of respect that I have for Pez. Also, LP brought a lot of people out on Faint in 2004 but it's not really the same so I see what you mean.

I would use Pez and Narc's show; that's twice as epic.

I think you should add a note explaining why it is special in the main topic

for example i dont know why Blackout from the list is special ;)

Chester's screams were great at that show, and Mike sang the ending different than other shows.

I personally prefer BIO from Munich 2011. (might also be the case because I was there)

It had everything...RME, drum solo, APFMH, ext. outro

NRL is cool too but I think Mike did not sound that good...well he's obviously more a rapper ^^

EDIT: Be sure to add The Messenger from Tel Aviv 2010 where Chester sang No woman no cry ^^

Edited by wiiesel

Messenger in Israel

TLTGYA in Atlanta. 2007. Mike dedicated it to NOLA people. That's pretty special.

Papercut in Phoenix 2007. Story of Chester joining the band over the intro. I think 2008 had it too.

BIO w/ NRL.

BIO slow -> fast in Auburn.

APFMH Paris 2010.

Wretches London N2 was the only time Joe extended the speech out over the intro. That shit was filthy. I loved that set because the first 8-9 were so heavy and good. Sucks they didn't keep the set.

Put a Fallout/Catalyst opening on there.

Blackout live debut.

CFTI/QWERTY Mountain View 07, "we've never played that one for you, we haven't played you this one either" or something.

One BIO had like a RME intro, drum solo, APFMH bridge or something.

Camden 07, first BTH with no intro ever. And it randomly popped up in the encore.

HHH live debut Mountain View 07.

Crawling with Chris Cornell. Camden 08 is good.

SDC on BIO bridge and ending. Charlotte 08 is a good one.

HHH acapella V1 into V2 over KRWLNG, that was done hardly at all in 2009, only a few shows. Pretty cool.

Iridescent Japan 2011 one show had Mike yelling shit in Japanese on the bridge LOL

WFTE NovaRock 2011 was the only one without Jornada before it I think on the whole ATS cycle.

That's all I can think of right now.

Then make alternate versions of the compilation.

---

Edit:

I need intersting suggestions for these (but not with the endless speeches Mark):

DSP (/Official release):

A Place For My Head

With You

Don't Stay

No More Sorrow

Lost In The Echo

Soundboard recording:

And One