LPU Meetups: Tokyo (09.08.2013)

hahninator

Posted Image

In a break from the live world of Linkin Park for just a second, Lorenzo keeps doing things big (like his predecessor Adam) and has scheduled an LPU Meetup event in Tokyo! The LPU Meetups event in Los Angeles was very successful and as a result, we'll be covering future LPU Meetup events on LPLive. Our friends LPFanCorner and Wretches&Kings will also be covering the Meetups so we encourage you to visit their sites as well! Like the Los Angeles Meetup, this event will be the night before Linkin Park plays Summer Sonic in Tokyo.

The newest LPU email reads:

"LPU Meetups: Tokyo / Hard Rock Cafe + Linkin Park Press Conference

LPU HQ and Hard Rock Cafe are happy to announce LPU Meetups: Tokyo.

As part of this LPU Meetups event, you will also have a chance to view the official press conference as we announce the release of The Linkin Park Signature Series: Edition 31 T-shirt by Hard Rock Cafe. Mike and Chester will be making a special appearance during the press conference. Due to time restraint we will not be holding a Meet & Greet with the band members. The Linkin Park Signature Series: Edition 31 T-shirts will be available for purchase at the Hard Rock shop during the event. 15% of the t-shirt’s proceeds benefit Music for Relief and its Power the World initiative.

EVENT DETAILS:

Due to space we will only be able to accommodate the first 80 people that RSVP and arrive no later than 12PM NOON local Tokyo time. We apologies in advance for any inconvenience. You may RSVP by clicking HERE.

Your cost for attending will be ¥1470 (15 US Dollars). The Hard Rock Cafe will be serving a pre-fix menu. You may choose from selected items. This cost will cover the food and non-alcoholic drinks.

DATE: Friday, August 9th 2013
TIME: The event check-in will start promptly at 12PM NOON local Tokyo time. Please be on time, we can only accommodate the first 80 people.

5-4-20 Roppongi, Minato-ku
Tokyo 106-0032 Japan"

The email adds:

"Thank you for attending the LPU Meetup event in Los Angeles. LPU members packed the house at the Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood and a few lucky raffle winners went home with some prizes, including a Linkin Park Signature Series: Edition 31 T-shirt by Hard Rock Cafe and M&G passes to SSMF. Check out the photos here.

We are happy to continue this initiative with many more cities to be announced soon!"

We will be following the LPU Meetups across the globe with the Twitter hashtag #LPUMeetup

Thank you for adding my site in the post and twitter.

I have to say that this LPUMeetups are a great, great idea, but i'm not sure how many countries don't have a Hard Rock Cafe, for example Uruguay (my country).

Another thing, i guess this Meetups will be only in "special" places right? Like USA, or the most importan cities, Tokyo, Hamburg, Sydney... Something like the Scavenger Hunt or Summits.