EP

Skipees

i wonder why LP never released "real" EP? i don't know how much good stuff they have from every album cycle, but they could easily release good EP from the all the Minutes To Midnight "surplus" with New Divide as lead single.

the only EP that ever released is Songs From The Underground, but it was basically "best of" LPU CDs + Hunger Strike.

did the band ever talked about releasing new material EP? or why they never did/will?

Edited by Skipees

You could say that Collision Course was an EP.

I think it's because they release the LPU CDs, which are basically EPs, every year.

Collision Course it's a remix EP. i'm talking about official EP that they even will play live songs from it - thing that they never do with LPU demos/songs (except QWERTY).

---

this is not a decent EP to release in 2009?:

- New Divide

- Across The Line

- What We Don't Know

- Pretend To Be

- Pale

- I Have Not Begun

- Asbestos

- Debris

maybe even QWERTY as bonus track, or some more instrumentals.

Edited by Skipees

Well they played Collision Course live :P You asked for an EP and I named one.

Your list is too long, so that wouldn't be an EP anymore. The iTunes EP's roughly stickto the "EP rules" as well.

You can do your own compilation, they barely re-release LPU stuff, I think that's good.

They played Qwerty and My December;

My December released with Hybrid Theory Special Edition.

They are very selective with what they release. They have to keep some songs for the LPU CDs.

i'm sure they have A LOT of stuff.

Your list is too long, so that wouldn't be an EP anymore. The iTunes EP's roughly stick to the "EP rules" as well.

You can do your own compilation, they barely re-release LPU stuff, I think that's good.

it was just for example, you can remove one or two tracks to make it short enough to be EP.

and no, i wasn't talked about re-release stuff. again it was just for example.

also they can "save" stuff especially for the EP instead release it with LPU CDs.

Well they played Collision Course live :P

Win :lol: Edited by Skipees

I think that's something they don't seem to like. They don't even release real b-sides or demos on singles anymore. And maybe they think that the songs that didn't make the album are not worth releasing as an EP. They are very picky about their releases.

Instead of producing content for an extra EP they rather do full albums.

The only way this could be cool if is they released a 20 song CD, with 5 fully completed demos from each album. An EP would not work. It would cover each album cycle, and 5 for each or something would be cool.

Edited by Geki

The only way this could be cool if is they released a 20 song CD, with 5 fully completed demos from each album. An EP would not work. It would cover each album cycle, and 5 for each or something would be cool.

this is too much, like lpliveusername said - they need to save stuff for LPU CDs. they have a lot of stuff, but if they will release 20 of them in good quality, nothing will left to the LPU CDs.

this is too much, like lpliveusername said - they need to save stuff for LPU CDs. they have a lot of stuff, but if they will release 20 of them in good quality, nothing will left to the LPU CDs.

Trust me, they have more than enough to do this CD, as well as have tons of stuff for LPU in the future. I also wasn't saying for them to put instrumental demos on this CD, I meant fully completed demos like Across The Line, Slip, What We Don't Know, Blue, I Have Not Begun, Pretend To Be, So Far Away, etc. A lot of bands release b-side albums. Granted, we get almost the same thing each year with LPU, but it's a bit different because we don't get fully completed demos. They have a lot of completed songs that never made the album for each cycle. I would want fully completed ATS demos the most.

They might have a few for each album but definitely not a LOT of completed songs, for the simple fact that the majority of the songs don't even make it that far. The "fate" of a song is decided before it's fully done. That's why there are so many instrumentals too.

I'm talking about finished songs like Across The Line, that the band still considers as "demos". They surely have tons of rough versions of songs. For example for Meteora they recorded rough versions of the songs before going to the studio.

If I remember right MTM is the only the album where we really know how many extra songs they finished and keep in mind they worked on this album for a long time.

It seems to me more like they barely do enough songs for the albums, the booklets always mention a song or two that were done/finished in the last minute.

Other bands release b-side albums because they don't do fan club CD's like LP does.

Yeah but that's still not a 100% confirmation that they actually finished the songs. Chester got sick during the vocal sessions, this was in December 2002, 2 months after the info you linked (and before Chester got sick), there's a possibility they never finished all the songs. Or maybe they were never all mixed.

The album came out 10 years ago and today we basically know nothing about those songs. It took until LPU9, 6 years after the album till we got the first Meteora demo.

Yeah, LP doesn't record eight million fully complete songs like some other bands do - they don't have the material to do a full b-side album and continue to release yearly LPU CDs.

And I highly doubt the songs that we get would be nearly as good as the LPU tracks if they did decide to put out a b-side album.

Yeah, LP doesn't record eight million fully complete songs like some other bands do - they don't have the material to do a full b-side album and continue to release yearly LPU CDs.

And I highly doubt the songs that we get would be nearly as good as the LPU tracks if they did decide to put out a b-side album.

How do you know, are you in the band? No one hear knows how many demos and b-sides LP has in the vault except for the members of Linkin Park. If they wanted to do a b-side album, they absolutely could. When I said a 20 track CD, I was over-exaggerating. Maybe a 10 or 12 song CD would be fine.

How do you know, are you in the band? No one hear knows how many demos and b-sides LP has in the vault except for the members of Linkin Park. If they wanted to do a b-side album, they absolutely could. When I said a 20 track CD, I was over-exaggerating. Maybe a 10 or 12 song CD would be fine.

First off, back off.

Second, if they have so many fucking demos sitting in the vault, why do we get two or three per CD, tops? We know their process, we know that they eliminate dozens of tracks before they get anywhere near close to completion. Mike and Chester don't lay finished vocals onto a track until it's practically guaranteed to be on the album, we've seen that with Hybrid Theory, we've seen it with Minutes to Midnight. If they have so many songs ready to go, why was Chester recording vocals while the rest of the damn album was being mixed?

Obviously none of us know for sure, but that doesn't mean you should just fucking go at people whenever you don't agree with what they're saying. No wonder Astat bitched you out in the STP topic.

First off, back off.

Second, if they have so many fucking demos sitting in the vault, why do we get two or three per CD, tops? We know their process, we know that they eliminate dozens of tracks before they get anywhere near close to completion. Mike and Chester don't lay finished vocals onto a track until it's practically guaranteed to be on the album, we've seen that with Hybrid Theory, we've seen it with Minutes to Midnight. If they have so many songs ready to go, why was Chester recording vocals while the rest of the damn album was being mixed?

Obviously none of us know for sure, but that doesn't mean you should just fucking go at people whenever you don't agree with what they're saying. No wonder Astat bitched you out in the STP topic.

Obviously LP isn't going to put tons of complete demos on every LPU CD, they have to space them out to keep the trend going. And yes, they do have a lot of instrumental demos, but they also have a lot of demos with vocals too, it's common sense. We also DIDN'T see that with MTM, if you actually watch the making of DVD, the band says that Rick encouraged them to write scat vocals on a seed right away before they did musical work to it, to see if it was worth developing. You can see all the gibberish vocals on the making of MTM as well. Hybrid Theory and Meteora was when the band didn't put vocals on stuff until it was almost finished, but starting with MTM they have done the opposite of that.

I don't get why we have discussion threads on this site then. If I can't debate why I don't agree with something someone says or agree with something someone says, what is the point of a forum? You have your point of view and I have mine. Obviously neither of us are right or wrong, because ultimately LP will decide what they are doing with their demos, not any of the fans, LP always says they never listen to fan's input on stuff and will do whatever they want to as a band. The only point I am making here is that they DO have a lot of demos in the vault ever since they were a band, and they do have demos with vocals on them, as well as a lot of demos with completed music and vocals.

The gibberish vocals are much, much different than actual finished vocals. Having songs filled with random scat vocals is worse than having instrumental tracks, because the vocals just distract from the rest of the song.

There's a difference between discussion and being shitty, which both of us are doing now. So let's just drop this line here.

The gibberish vocals are much, much different than actual finished vocals. Having songs filled with random scat vocals is worse than having instrumental tracks, because the vocals just distract from the rest of the song.

There's a difference between discussion and being shitty, which both of us are doing now. So let's just drop this line here.

Oh so basically you think Fear and Drum Song from LPU9 are shitty? A lot of people liked those demos. And don't forget the Blackout episode of LPTV with the gibberish vocals, which were awesome.

Oh so basically you think Fear and Drum Song from LPU9 are shitty? A lot of people liked those demos. And don't forget the Blackout episode of LPTV with the gibberish vocals, which were awesome.

This is what I mean when I said you have a tendency to be standoffish in your posts. This post right here.

I just like hearing...not 'finished', but rather 'fully-worded' vocals in the songs, which Fear and Drum Song had. The scat vocals did distract from the music in both of those cases, in my opinion. They were good demos otherwise.

This is what I mean when I said you have a tendency to be standoffish in your posts. This post right here.

I just like hearing...not 'finished', but rather 'fully-worded' vocals in the songs, which Fear and Drum Song had. The scat vocals did distract from the music in both of those cases, in my opinion. They were good demos otherwise.

Well I just thought you meant any demo that had vocals that weren't completed words. My bad. I thought Fear and Drum Song were cool, but I wish we got the version of Fear that we saw on the making of MTM with Mike singing complete verses, and the version of Drum Song we saw in LPTV with Mike singing the chorus. I actually kind of agree with you now that I remembered those. I think it is better to have LP release demos without the gibberish because it can distract from the song.

They might have a few for each album but definitely not a LOT of completed songs, for the simple fact that the majority of the songs don't even make it that far. The "fate" of a song is decided before it's fully done. That's why there are so many instrumentals too.

you know, until some point i thought the same. but then came Slip, Blue and So Far Away (and Coal). we have like 5 demos CD and we never even heard about these three. just imagine how many new-to-us full demos/songs they keep from before Hybrid Theory was released. we are in 2013 and nothing full was released from ATS. why? becuase they have too much stuff so they are not hurry.

look at the last LPU CD - the newest thing is from 2007.

Edited by Skipees

you know, until some point i thought the same. but then came Slip, Blue and So Far Away (and Coal). we have like 5 demos CD and we never even heard about these three. just imagine how many new-to-us full demos/songs they keep from before Hybrid Theory was released. we are in 2013 and nothing full was released from ATS. why? becuase they have too much stuff so they are not hurry.

look at the last LPU CD - the newest thing is from 2007.

I'd beg to say 2006, even, not 2007. Lol.