Be yourself

Acodemaster

• 2 weeks later...

be yourself? all that is an iterlude so the guys can take a small break. nothing much. don't see y its so special all of a sudden?

I think it's more than just that. They just randomly played it 3 times in a span of a week in 2001, and never played it again. It's not like they played it for an entire tour, and it wasn't at the beginning of the tour that they played it either - there's no way they came up with it during rehearsals, so it must have been something they knew beforehand. The drums, guitar, and bass all flow together perfectly, and LP wasn't an improvisational band in the slightest in 2001, so it's HIGHLY unlikely they came up with it on the spot. It's probably part of an old, unreleased song, possibly even Pictureboard. It could also be some random Xero/Hybrid Theory song or a Hybrid Theory album b-side that we've never heard about.

There's also the slight possibility of it being an obscure cover song. Brad, Phoenix, and Rob all obviously knew what they were playing, but Joe and Chester just improvised over it.

100% sure it\'s not, they play it for intermissions bak then, and im assuming they didnt like it that much so they threw it out. cant be pictureboard. cant be hybrid theory b-side

This proves absolutely nothing. They could use a b-side/unreleased track for an interlude just as they could any other piece of music.

srry 4 duble post, but i didnt want it 2 come 2 this. mike said in a chat that they played it once bak in 2000. this was a chat bak in 04'-05'. which shows that be yourself is not pictureboard. here's a screenshot of the chat.

http://forums.linkinpark.com/attachment.ph...mp;d=1216585661

That chat was in early 2006, and "probably 5 years ago" does not mean "we played it in 2000." Mike said on The Rising Tied commentary that they did a tour "in either 2003 or 2004" with Cypress Hill called Projekt Revolution. Cypress Hill was on Projekt Revolution in 2002. Just because Mike gives a timeframe doesn't mean that it's correct.

be yourself? isnt that the song they played bak in 01'? i no it cant be xero, because mike takes over every line in xero with rap, and the music itself could not sound like that

We've heard 4 songs by Xero, and only know of 6, one of which is nothing more than a title with no further information. Can you really accurately judge what Xero's entire body of music sounded like based on that? No. Xero could've written 10 more songs and half of them been ballads for all we know.

ok then, but it does say they played in once. and i bet they played it at one of these 2 shows.

20.08.1999 Fullerton, CA, Back Alley Bar And Grill

09.06.2000 Los Angeles, CA, Coconut Teaser

more than likely it was the 1999 show since they hadnt released the album yet, so demos, htep songs, and pictureboard could've been played there. like mike said, they played it once.

ok then, but it does say they played in once. and i bet they played it at one of these 2 shows.

20.08.1999 Fullerton, CA, Back Alley Bar And Grill

09.06.2000 Los Angeles, CA, Coconut Teaser

more than likely it was the 1999 show since they hadnt released the album yet, so demos, htep songs, and pictureboard could've been played there. like mike said, they played it once.

He said they played it as Linkin Park. They would've still been Hybrid Theory at both of those shows. And LP isn't exactly good at remembering how often they've played something - go listen to QWERTY from Mountain View '07, Mike and Chester literally go back and forth for about a minute trying to figure out how many times they've played it. Mike thought they had only played it once before.

I think it's useless to speculate the origin of this songs since only a member of the band can really answer that. That would be a good question for a M&G on the next tour, don't forget to able to playback the song for them, I hardly doubt they know what you mean when you say Be Yourself {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif