Be yourself

Acodemaster

lol, exactly.

I think it's useless to speculate the origin of this songs since only a member of the band can really answer that. That would be a good question for a M&G on the next tour, don't forget to able to playback the song for them, I hardly doubt they know what you mean when you say Be Yourself :lol:

Phoenix didn't even know at Pinkpop 2007's M&G about Carousel/Part Of Me live, lmao. "Oh well yeah I think we might've done them, I'm not sure". Funny.

If I get a M&G with ManBearPig next tour, I'll take an mp3 player and ask. He wins all the MFR Auctions for the shows he goes to so he gets like 10-15 mins with 2 members every show he goes to, so if he'll be nice enough to let me in on one of them I'll ask LP. Anything else we could ask?

And LP in Alabama would be nice. What part of Alabama are you from? I think they played there maybe...once.

17.11.2000 Birmingham, AL, 5 Points Music Hall

Right after the Masquerade in Atlanta. Holy shit, I couldn't even imagine LP at the Masquerade, LOL. They should play the Birmingham amphitheatre that Stone Temple Pilots and other acts play at, the one in Pelham, AL. Why haven't you come to Atlanta for Proj Rev 07/08?

seriously, i'd ask them, but knowing lp touring cylce, they'd hit georgia nad florida way before they even think about coming to alabama. so you'd have a better chance with the be yourself question. i'll remind u about it when they come by south carolina so you will be ready. any1 else from alabama here? we need to start a petition about it. alabama is not where the banjos roam, lolz. noone here in birmingham even cars for counrty. i've asked at least 200 random ppl, almost all inbusiness suits and they listen to heavy metal, thrash metal, nu metal, death metal, rock, alternate, garage rock, and anything else like that. if lp joined the foo fighters for a tour then they'd probably come to alabama

• 1 year later...

seriously, i'd ask them, but knowing lp touring cylce, they'd hit georgia nad florida way before they even think about coming to alabama. so you'd have a better chance with the be yourself question. i'll remind u about it when they come by south carolina so you will be ready. any1 else from alabama here? we need to start a petition about it. alabama is not where the banjos roam, lolz. noone here in birmingham even cars for counrty. i've asked at least 200 random ppl, almost all inbusiness suits and they listen to heavy metal, thrash metal, nu metal, death metal, rock, alternate, garage rock, and anything else like that. if lp joined the foo fighters for a tour then they'd probably come to alabama

Hey! I'm from Alabama. Acutally, more of Alabama/Tennessee/Mississippi. Im from florence, so im on the literal edge of the state, about 2 hours from B'ham. I'd kill for LP to come here.

We've heard 4 songs by Xero, and only know of 6, one of which is nothing more than a title with no further information. Can you really accurately judge what Xero's entire body of music sounded like based on that? No. Xero could've written 10 more songs and half of them been ballads for all we know.

Astat's right. I mean, look at "she Couldn't" that hardly sounds like anything off of HT. I wouldn't be surprised if "Be Yourself" was exactly like that.

Besides, both tracks where cut for any of the albums/eps because of sounding so different. Hell, even "Dedicated" was cut, and that was more LP's style than those tracks where.