World Stage: Monterrey International Broadcast Dates

[AndOne]

Now I know why we can't register an account at lp bits: lp bits has a 75.000 users limit.

WHAT? :blink:

You must be kidding me. Where'd you get this info? That's hilarious. lp-bits have 2000 user limit, and there are still 650+ free places at tracker.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the frame rate issue present in all broadcast versions? You may notice that every couple of seconds the image seems to pause for a very, VERY split second (more noticeable on quick-moving crowd pan shots). This usually happens when they try converting source material from one frame rate to another (and could possibly be because it was filmed in Mexico and then broadcast elsewhere with a different frame rate) - only asking as I wasn't sure which region the 1080 rip was capped from.

SPEWING the medley wasn't in this version :(

Is the frame rate issue present in all broadcast versions? You may notice that every couple of seconds the image seems to pause for a very, VERY split second (more noticeable on quick-moving crowd pan shots). This usually happens when they try converting source material from one frame rate to another (and could possibly be because it was filmed in Mexico and then broadcast elsewhere with a different frame rate) - only asking as I wasn't sure which region the 1080 rip was capped from.

SPEWING the medley wasn't in this version :(

Where did you watch it?

I can't confirm this effect but I got only the youtube version right here. I'm not sure if TV stations can do framerate conversions in real time but that's something they shouldn't screw up usually. Mexico is a NTSC country and most likely filmed in that format.

This 1080i recording is in PAL and was probably edited by MTV UK.

Where did you watch it?

I can't confirm this effect but I got only the youtube version right here. I'm not sure if TV stations can do framerate conversions in real time but that's something they shouldn't screw up usually. Mexico is a NTSC country and most likely filmed in that format.

This 1080i recording is in PAL and was probably edited by MTV UK.

Was watching the 1080i cap posted on lp-bits. You would think (and hope) that a TV station can do a correct frame rate conversion! :) Though the fact that this version has come from a 25fps broadcast and was shot in NTSC format leads me to believe somewhere along the line, MTV stuffed up :(

It could be also the playback of the file, the youtube uploads of this file seem all fine to me. I had a lot of playback issues in the past with HD stuff, depending on the player. I couldn't download the 1080i file yet, so I can't tell for sure, also if the youtube playback is 100% smooth the whole time.

It could be also the playback of the file, the youtube uploads of this file seem all fine to me. I had a lot of playback issues in the past with HD stuff, depending on the player. I couldn't download the 1080i file yet, so I can't tell for sure, also if the youtube playback is 100% smooth the whole time.

Good idea - will check out the YouTube version soon. Though I don't expect it to be a problem with the player/hardware - tried it on both the computer (with VLC) and also on my projector using a Samsung Blu-ray player that plays all kinds of files - looked exactly the same. Will report back tonight! :)

EDIT: Just watched the YouTube versions (on a different machine) and the frame rate issue is there. It's pretty minimal but definitely there. I only really notice this stuff as I do a fair bit of video conversion work. Other than that, decent rip. The audio is great :)

Edited by Narc85