VICTIMIZED Meaning

jakolp

This song is clearly about a person that has played the victim that everyone is taking advantage of.

So, this person actually gets fed up and wants to take his revenge. But it's not going to be something rushed. He thinks it through, he is calm. And that's why Mike is just singing in the beginning. He is explaining why he wants to take everyone down. The "singing" is meant to be sarcastic to those the "message" is supposed to be sent. Mike is singing in a happy tone "Time has come for you". Then the "revenge" starts [chorus].

And since the explosion happened there's no need for the "childish singing". Mike starts rapping, mocking those that took advantage of him and says that it's his turn now. The "victim" has taken control.

That's why I think the song progresses that crazy way. It actually is a pretty clear story.

I got the idea by reading the lyrics, everything made sense.

What's your opinion? Do you agree/disagree with me?

Judging by the Making of Living Things, this is kind of a shot at people who think Linkin Park has gone soft.

Like an "oh, I'm sorry, you didn't think we could do this anymore? FUCK YOU." kind of thing.

Judging by the Making of Living Things, this is kind of a shot at people who think Linkin Park has gone soft.

Like an "oh, I'm sorry, you didn't think we could do this anymore? FUCK YOU." kind of thing.

That's why the song is that crazy, I don't think it represents that lyrically.. Unless you see it like LP where the "victim" that once wanted just to please the crowd. Which is a little far-fetched, they never were any victim of any kind.

Right now I think the song progresses the way it does because of the reasons I stated at my OP. Maybe they wanted it to be crazy and that's some kind of an idea that they came up with.

Unless anyone has an idea better than my version of course!

Edited by jakolp

That's why the song is that crazy, I don't think it represents that lyrically.. Unless you see it like LP where the "victim" that once wanted just to please the crowd. Which is a little far-fetched, they never were any victim of any kind.

Right now I think the song progresses the way it does because of the reasons I stated at my OP. Maybe they wanted it to be crazy and that's some kind of an idea that they came up with.

Unless anyone has an idea better than my version of course!

It's supposed to be a bit sarcastic I think. In the making of, Mike has the entire band singing at the same time and says he wants the sound of a whip cracking in the background. That's clearly supposed to evoke imagery of the fans/critics thinking that the band should only be doing whatever they tell them to do.

It's supposed to be a bit sarcastic I think. In the making of, Mike has the entire band singing at the same time and says he wants the sound of a whip cracking in the background. That's clearly supposed to evoke imagery of the fans/critics thinking that the band should only be doing whatever they tell them to do.

Yes, the song is supposed to be a little sarcastic about what "LP is supposed to be".

I wasn't trying to point that though.. Behind the insanity that is going on in this song, there IS a logical progression to the "singing the first verse, rapping at the second etc".

This song could have been made in lots of different ways but they chose that insane way for the reason you mentioned.

What I did, was that I took that little thing out of the equation and explained the song from my point of view.

Edited by jakolp

No regret for the confidence peace

No more hiding in plates of grease

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Lay the food out on a tray

Baconized, baconized, never again baconized

Baconized, baconized, never again baconized

Bacon sucks :trollface: