LIES GREED MISERY (live)

sublimeric

I've listened to the DSP version of LIES GREED MISERY from the Lisbon, PinkPop & Skive and am not a fan so far. The song as a whole is good, but the apparent backing track that Mike uses to double his voice irritates me to no end.

For year, LP's live sound has been the driving force behind me being a fan, and if they are going to try and make things sound more (overproduced) like the studio versions, via backing tracks or instruments, I'm not feeling it. I prefer Chester just back Mike up like he does in "Papercut" verses.

...I just hear Chester doubling Mike on the rap vocals, no backing track/"robot voice" or anything like that. Sounds like Chester to me, anyway.

Same.

Hate how Chester doesn't sing the last chorus of this song aggressively. In the studio verison the first two choruses are sung one way and the last one he SCREAMS the shit after he screams the bridge. Live, he sings all 3 the exact same way. Not a fan of that.

This voice definitely sounds robotic on the verses, just check the DSPs. The Lisbon video shows that chester is only doubling parts of Mike's verses.

Exactly. Maybe there's another band member rapping along with Mike, but Chester seems to do backing vocals sporadically, similar to "Papercut" & "Bleed It Out." It also doesn't sound like a delay or special vocal effect. I hear it as Mike rapping over his own backing track, like Eminem and tons of other rappers do during "live" performances.

Maybe Pooch can shed some light on this one...

There are definitely two voices rapping which both sound like Mike, and every now and then, Chester chimes in to back up. I'm sorry, but anybody who honestly can't hear this has just had their music knowledge completely voided in my mind... Like seriously, are you deaf?

I haven't paid that much attention to it, had no idea there were two voices, so yes, I am therefore deaf. but it was obvious that Chester was doing his usual thing of backing up a few lines here and there. and I agree that that last chorus needs to kick the listener's minds in the balls (to coin a phrase from the man himself...) there's some proper nasty-ass growling going on in the studio mix that's missing from the live show

There are definitely two voices rapping which both sound like Mike, and every now and then, Chester chimes in to back up. I'm sorry, but anybody who honestly can't hear this has just had their music knowledge completely voided in my mind... Like seriously, are you deaf?

Jesus fucking christ, sorry I didn't bother obsessively watching live videos to find out when Chester's doing backups and when he isn't. It sounds like 2 voices the entire time on the DSPs, you can't really hear Chester's backups much at all, so I figured he was just doubling Mike the whole time. I was wrong, get the fuck over it. I'm sorry, but saying my musical knoweldge has been "voided" when I've been dedicating my entire fucking LIFE to music for the last 11 years is something I'm going to take pretty fucking personally.

Same.

Hate how Chester doesn't sing the last chorus of this song aggressively. In the studio verison the first two choruses are sung one way and the last one he SCREAMS the shit after he screams the bridge. Live, he sings all 3 the exact same way. Not a fan of that.

This. It takes a highly remarkable studio song and turns it into something much less live. It's disappointing really.

Same.

I agree. I have no idea why he doesn't do this.

Idk guys I like it live!! I've been playing the Lisboa version ALOT in my car lately and it's a cool one to jam out to!

idk why I found this post so amusing. I think it was just so different than the other posts about whatever Mike's doing with vocals.

I've been playing LGM from Lisboa a crapload in my car too. I have to watch that I don't crash my car from rocking out to it :P