Papercut HQ 720p

hahninator

You can upload them to like Sendspace or an FTP or something and we can have them featured in the forums for download. I really don't care if you share music videos, that's not a problem in my book. If it requires making the forums private again for just members, then I can do that, but I'd like us to be able to share music vids in here.

I'd like too, but it's not too risky?

I mean, Warner is fighting with YouTube for this stuff, linkin-park.it had this stuff in the download section (and it was accessible by members only).

For the quality of these videos, they are good, but similar or inferior at the original VOBs. If you play Papercut from Frat Party (which is probably the source of that YouTube video) with a good player you will have a better result.

Edited by Mark86

our spanish friends @ http://linkin-park.es/

have posted full hd versions of numb/encore and shadow of the day....

Just to inform who will download these videos, no one Linkin Park's music video has been produced in HD. All these HD versions floating around are upscaled, and comes from NTSC/PAL source.

Most of the videos aired by MHD (now Palladia), and the european MTVNHD, are upscaled.

Edited by Mark86

• 4 months later...

Here's your HD live disc:

http://www.amazon.com/Linkin-Park-Revoluti...7663&sr=8-1

*Nerd alert*

In re: to the lp videos not shot in HD, thats kind of true. Film inherently has a higher "resolution" than HD as we know it today (1920x1080). The issue is unless you get an HD master from the film source, the best we have is DVD quality (640x480). You can upscale DVD to near HD quality, but it's still the same 640x480 pixels and wont look the same as an HD master would.

So you have:

Film source >= commonly used HD video recording > HD Master for Blu-ray, HDTV brodcasts > DVD > VHS / internet streaming (unless using a quality codec like H.264).

Also, there's the discussion of director's intent, how did Joe/the director want the video to look? You can add all kinds of effects to soften/sharpen/add grain/etc to the film stock. You can take these away to give you that "HD Nightly News" quality, but then it's not true to the source.

So assuming LP wanted a "clean" video with no effects and shot on film or 2k/4k digital, and then they made a quality HD transfer to HD media like blu-ray, then we can get that HD look everyone wants. Let's see what they do with the New Divide video.

Here's your HD live disc:

http://www.amazon.com/Linkin-Park-Revoluti...7663&sr=8-1

*Nerd alert*

In re: to the lp videos not shot in HD, thats kind of true. Film inherently has a higher "resolution" than HD as we know it today (1920x1080). The issue is unless you get an HD master from the film source, the best we have is DVD quality (640x480). You can upscale DVD to near HD quality, but it's still the same 640x480 pixels and wont look the same as an HD master would.

So you have:

Film source >= commonly used HD video recording > HD Master for Blu-ray, HDTV brodcasts > DVD > VHS / internet streaming (unless using a quality codec like H.264).

Also, there's the discussion of director's intent, how did Joe/the director want the video to look? You can add all kinds of effects to soften/sharpen/add grain/etc to the film stock. You can take these away to give you that "HD Nightly News" quality, but then it's not true to the source.

So assuming LP wanted a "clean" video with no effects and shot on film or 2k/4k digital, and then they made a quality HD transfer to HD media like blu-ray, then we can get that HD look everyone wants. Let's see what they do with the New Divide video.

This guy can not be more right, the only offical LP-related music videos that have been released in HD (at least that I know of) are:

Shadow of the Day - 1080i

Numb/Encore - 1080i

(released in 1080i as they are HDTV rips, for some reason 1080i is the HD standerd to broadcast in)

The rest will be upscaled from .vob s), I'm surpised I havn't seen LOATR in HD anywhere. I hope we see some older LP videos released in true HD soon (those that where recorded on film, or with HD digital cameras). Although HD from film never looks quite as nice as straight from a digital source.

This guy can not be more right, the only offical LP-related music videos that have been released in HD (at least that I know of) are:

Shadow of the Day - 1080i

Numb/Encore - 1080i

(released in 1080i as they are HDTV rips, for some reason 1080i is the HD standerd to broadcast in)

The rest will be upscaled from .vob s), I'm surpised I havn't seen LOATR in HD anywhere. I hope we see some older LP videos released in true HD soon (those that where recorded on film, or with HD digital cameras). Although HD from film never looks quite as nice as straight from a digital source.

Ehh... it depends. Batman TDK on 70MM Imax looks amazing. Other films in Cinemascope, or good Kodak look great. As do films shot in HD like the Red camera (The Knowing was a recent example). I've seen good and bad of both, but for a documentary like a new Frat Party, shooting with the Red One would be awesome. Other things like music videos I think LP tends to have that "theatrical" feel sometimes that gives you a little bit of disconnect from reality while showing some cool special fx ... so... I could root either way :)

By the way, DVD has 720x480 or 720x576, not 640x480.

I think the best is to stick to vob's unless they release the videos in real HD someday. But those promo music videos don't have the best quality sometimes. The quality is mostly just average.

By the way, DVD has 720x480 or 720x576, not 640x480.

I think the best is to stick to vob's unless they release the videos in real HD someday. But those promo music videos don't have the best quality sometimes. The quality is mostly just average.

Good catch. Haven't quite had my coffee. I mixed up an old computer resolution (640) with DVD (720) :D