Fort Minor Live

hahninator

Mike talks about the future live shows:

Fort Minor has always been a solo project. What this is all about right now is letting this be a solo project and seeing, "Can I entertain people for an hour by myself?" It's a challenge. It's gonna be difficult, but it's gonna be fun and I think I'm up for it. I've got a set together that's really exciting. Now, with that said, I'm also not letting this get in the way of Linkin Park. Linkin Park is definitely my priority, and the Fort Minor shows will be special events. There is no album, there is no tour, everything is focused around the 360 video and song. And at this point, the idea for me is just to leave the door open for the possibility of what can happen. I'm just riding the wave.

The show obviously is rooted in The Rising Tied album. What I wanted to do with it is kind of within the restraints of what I find tasteful. I want it to be tasteful; I wanted to create a show that entertains you at all costs. So I don't just stick to The Rising Tied and I don't just stick to the beats you heard on that record. I want to give people surprises along the way and make it entertaining all the way through. The show is a one-man show; that's part of the challenge that I put to myself. Basically I approached it as a mash-up between what a rap show is and what a DJ set is, in terms of being able to walk in with a computer and a couple of instruments, plug in and play. I've only announced one show and I don't plan on announcing that many more.

There are songs I want to play because I feel they're really fun sonically or lyrically, like "Petrified" or "In Stereo." On the other hand, when I toured with Fort Minor 10 years ago, I never really played "Cigarettes" or "Kenji" that often, and this time those were the two songs I was most excited to play because I feel like they say the most. This show thematically is coming from a different place. "Welcome" is an underdog song. It's about feeling like an outsider and being totally fine with that.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6612612/linkin-park-mike-shinoda-fort-minor-interview-2015-tour-album-welcome

• 3 weeks later...

Well Mike, you technically can play anything now, just not the verses from someone else.

But he did rap Ryu's Believe Me verse. He's more flexible now that he's the DJ and emcee.

Believe Me always lyrically seemed like something Mike would write to me anyway, or at the very least it's not consistent with SOB's usual style of lyrics. I wonder if he did all the lyrics on that one and just had Ryu and Tak record parts of them?