New Album Previews

Subs

I'll make my final judgement call when I hear the full thing, but honestly, I have a feeling this won't be a stand out album for me this year. The songs all sound the same, and this new indie-tronic sound they're going for is EH to me. I love Breakfast in Berlin and I'll Try Not To Destroy You sounds awesome, but otherwise, they just don't have that same fire and magic Death To Analog did. But again, I'm just basing this off of some youtube bootlegs and these clips, will give the full album the benefit of the doubt, and even if this album isn't my favorite I am still a die hard JK fan!

I'll make my final judgement call when I hear the full thing, but honestly, I have a feeling this won't be a stand out album for me this year. The songs all sound the same, and this new indie-tronic sound they're going for is EH to me. I love Breakfast in Berlin and I'll Try Not To Destroy You sounds awesome, but otherwise, they just don't have that same fire and magic Death To Analog did. But again, I'm just basing this off of some youtube bootlegs and these clips, will give the full album the benefit of the doubt, and even if this album isn't my favorite I am still a die hard JK fan!

I can see your point, DTA was really fresh and original, the have changed their sound for this album a little, but songs like Nights of Future Past feel DTAish.

The clips from iTunes & Amazon both sound fucking kick ass. I cannot wait for this album. I've been a fan of Julien-K since 2005, and I have strong faith in this album. I've seen JK live 3 different times and every show was amazing. I can't wait to hear these songs played live in person, as well as have this album to listen to for years to come. Every track sounds amazing. I'm most excited for Nights Of Future Past (the full live rip going around is amazing) and I also really want to hear Colorcast.

The clips from iTunes & Amazon both sound fucking kick ass. I cannot wait for this album. I've been a fan of Julien-K since 2005, and I have strong faith in this album. I've seen JK live 3 different times and every show was amazing. I can't wait to hear these songs played live in person, as well as have this album to listen to for years to come. Every track sounds amazing. I'm most excited for Nights Of Future Past (the full live rip going around is amazing) and I also really want to hear Colorcast.

THIS!

yeah the songs do sound a little samey, but I'm liking the driving bass anyway.

can't wait to hear Cruel Daze of Summer and Colourcast. Flashpoint Riot sounds lush already!

Palm Springs nearly became the chord progression form WID haha!

not sure Close Continuance is going to be a track I'll like :/

but like Stone says - need to hear the full thing!

3 days :D

EDIT: if you want to buy the physical copy of the album, do you have to go via their site? i'm having quick look on Amazon uk and there seems to be no pre-order thing, just available from a 3rd party seller in germany...

Edited by LGraham