Bands influenced by LP

anjum

We all know that Mike has said many times that they discarded their "nu-metal" sound because it wasn't original anymore & everyone was doing it. So I was thinking if we could compile a list of bands which are influenced by LP in their sound or are a direct LP-ripoff band. I would love to hear some songs which sound like HT/Meteora.

GO!

A really shitty band named ''Hollywood Undead''. I'm sure there are many others out there, I don't listen to a lot of music that I'm not already familiar with. I really only listen to the bands/artists that I know when they release new music.

Evanescence and Flyleaf have both cited Linkin Park as a major influence on their sound, and it's not difficult to see why, they do the whole metal riffs/pop hooks thing like Hybrid Theory.

To be honest most of the Linkin Park's contemporaries were probably influenced by older bands such as Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones and Coal Chamber. Bands like Disturbed, Papa Roach and LP were part of nu metal's second wave.

Admittedly, Linkin Park were around the same time as Korn and Bizkit, they just took longer to break through.

One of my favorite Hard Rock bands (RED) was heavily inspired by old school Linkin Park. RED just becomes bigger and better with every new album they turn out. Listen to them if you haven't already.

Yea, I love them too. The best album is Innocence & Instict IMO. But I think the transitions between verses & choruses can be better in their songs.

It doesn't seem like that they influenced many bands because no one else really sounds much like old LP or does covers of their songs but i think that it is because it would be hard to copy or cover their songs because of all the sampling and dual vocals.

It's weird, because in this interview from 2006/2007, Chester says something about other bands taking Hybrid Theory's key sounds and copying them. What bands copied LP in 2006/2007 and prior? Does he mean other nu-metal bands (Papa Roach, Disturbed, Limp Bizkit, Dry Cell, etc)

at 2:59 Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...