Pretty Funny Story (involves LP)

Geki

So, I used to listen to this band called Spineshank a while back, and recently I was reading some stuff they posted on their Facebook and I came across something that caught my eye. Spineshank was on Ozzfest 2001, which everyone knows, Linkin Park was a part of, along with Manson, Slipknot, etc. Check this out, read the whole story, and post what you think. Just thought it would be funny to show you guys since LP news is really slow right now.

Tommy Decker (Spineshank drummer):

In 2001, we were asked to be a part of Ozzfest, along with Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Linkin Park and a ton of other bands. Our 2nd album The Height of Callousness had just come out and it was doing well. At the time Jonny had short black hair with a red streak in it and I (Tommy) had bleach blonde spikey hair (This fact is important to the story). Jonny and I wer...e hanging out backstage when some guy with an ice chest invites us over for a beer. We spend the next half hour with this guy, drinking beer while he tells us how awesome we were. How our record got him through his prison sentence and how everyone in the prison he was at loved our record and how we were gonna be the next big thing. He went on to tell us that we were the best song writers of our generation and that we were sure to get rich and famous. He laid it on so thick, that i started to believe him. i thought “this guy is right, we are pretty awesome” He went on for another 10 minutes until we had to go to our photo shoot. As we walked away, he yells to us “Fuck yeah Mike, Fuck yeah Chester Linkin Park rules!!” He thought he was talking to Linkin Park all along. Jonny and i were pretty silent on our walk back.

Edited by Geki