Medleys

FearOfTheDuck

A lot of people are complaining about the lack of older material in the setlists nowadays, and this could be the answer. I've mocked up a medley of old songs here-

10 songs in just over 11 minutes.

What do you think, not only of my medley, but also of the idea of LP playing a medley of songs live?

As far as your medley goes, its constructed pretty well, the A.06/Hit the Floor transition was awesome. But I don't think this particular medley would work well at a real LP concert, the energy is too all over the place and there's some songs there that either wouldn't sound that good live, or aren't well known enough by the majority of the people at the concert, especially when LP could play 2 -3 hits in place of the medley. But I do like the idea, and maybe if it was kept short, like maybe 2 or 3 songs in a medley instead of 10, then it could work.

I'd rather see one or two full songs than a medley with ten songs although I have to agree that their Hip Hop Medley was pretty nice :)

Your mix sounds good though!

yeah I agree with you that ten songs in a medely was too much but for me with 3 or 4 songs would be worked;

I've this kind of idea after listening to a live bootleg of Blink-182 that does a medley containing Dumpweed, M&M's, Josie and Man Overboard

so if LP rehearsed well the mix should work.

Edited by LPU90

• 2 weeks later...

think about how good the hip-hop medley was - it'd be awesome!

maybe LP could work out some nice transitions like the "blood anger suffering" one between figure 0.9 and from the inside, it seems like that's the way the band's going with these little transitions on ATS, maybe if the band did think about doing some medleys, some of those "seeds" made during MTM/ATS might see the light of day :)

EDIT: this is my 100th post, feel privileged ;)

Edited by lgraham

• 2 weeks later...

Well they already did it in 2004 and it was awesome. As I've said many times I think they should play a lot of older songs, but if they don't (as it is happening right now), I'm open to the idea

Korn has been doing this, playing a medley of not only old songs but singles like Coming Undone or Thoughless

Actually, how about doing a medley of newer songs or singles and adding older stuff instead?

Well they already did it in 2004 and it was awesome. As I've said many times I think they should play a lot of older songs, but if they don't (as it is happening right now), I'm open to the idea

Korn has been doing this, playing a medley of not only old songs but singles like Coming Undone or Thoughless

Actually, how about doing a medley of newer songs or singles and adding older stuff instead?

It wouldn't make sense for them to make room for older songs if they're promoting new material. Medleys of older songs would be awesome though. I've got an idea for a new hip-hop medley that would sound awesome.