Most depressing LP song

Geki

Well it really reeeeaaaalllyyyyy depends on yourself. As whole i would chose The Little Things Give You Away because i can almost everytime break down in tears as long as the solo comes in.

But for personal reasons i will chose Burning In The Skies because it reminds me of my father..

Blackbirds is pretty depressing...I think the song is about drugs, personally. So many references to drug use and withdrawal, I bet they kept the same lyrics from 2006-2007 when they reworked it for 8BR.

• 1 month later...

hmm .. don't know how you feel about songs and what kind of relation you got to them, but I often express my feelings with the things that I hear. So if I feel sick (I mean it in a psychic way), maybe because of .. love, family affairs, if something bad happens to you or just something that touches you, I listen to a special kind of music. Of course I listen to music when I'm happy, but it's a different thing.

I got a good friend who said 'Lovesongs are good for every situation. They make you happy if you want it and they can make you more sad than you already are.'. And I don't know why, but .. LP songs always fit to my mood. There's always one song that describes it best.

A song that really brang me down after my girlfriend left me (and I began things, very similiar to them, the girl in the video does) was Numb. It just made me sicker and sicker and I always started crying after the first few seconds. Chester's scream for help in every verse made/make me be aware of my fucked up life (then) and I feel connected to the song and every word he says.

The whole song is just like a long scream for getting out of a misery you can't or don't want even believe and I feel depressed everytime I hear it.

Nowadays I got something like a blacklist of songs, I can't hear in 'normal situations' and Numb is second there.

My first most depressing song is My December.

I heard it, cryed and already knew what it was about. Fucked up irony, that I felt like that in that moment. And it's the same like Numb .. the first few seconds already make me start crying. The piano .. quiet scratching, that sounds like the song takes place in the middle of nowhere, because it's dies away .. just sad. This might be the best 'lovesong' ever written. Don't get this too serious, but everything in the song described my feelings when I often listened to it, so I always connect it with this sad mood and if I hear it now, I feel sad too. The lyrics go under my skin everytime I hear them and the melody might be one of the most depressing, Linkin Park has ever created.

The Little Things Give You away also. Everytime I hear the quiet guitar intro or maybe the live version from a PR show, I get sad immediatly. Chester is so much in it, the lyrics were speaking the words of my heart and the melody, the guitar solo, the drums .. every thing let me feel more sad and more sad, so that I sometimes broke down to the ground. But there's one thing that made me feel different to that song. After a while listening to it, when I was sad, I googled it and read on wikipedia, that the songs was written for/about the hurricane Cathrina.

Don't get me wrong here, but it kinda .. took away the relation to my feelings (mostly love problems). But I started to recognize that the intention was still the same so it didn't make any difference.

Another one With You.

It's mostly because of the lyrics. Hearing a live version with Chester's intro scream (specially the one from Docklands 2001) is like a punch in the face for me. I once analyzed that song for the school and I was so glad, that I could think of my girlfriend when I played it in front of the class, because it didn't make me that sad.

I mean .. the lyrics are mostly an expression of self-incofidence, self -hate, separation anxiety, desire and love. And this combined with a very heavy sound like With You has it, makes the song go under my skin, directly into my heart. If I listen to it, it makes me realize my mistakes. And I really start to miss the person I'm pointing at with the song. Also if the person I miss, is still there, I can express my fear to lose this person with this song. And if I don't cry during the song, I do at the latest, after the last 'With You' scream by Chester in the last verse.

Everytime I read the lyrics, I just can think 'No one could ever said it better'. And that's the way it is (yeah, good old 2Pac). I like how much energy Chester pushes into the song .. I like it more than Figure.09 or One Step Closer.

In The End also makes me sad, but it's more a .. melancholy sadness. If I listen to it I often feel powerless and insecure. The lyrics are one of the most important things in this song. I'm lucky to not have a special happening to relate In The End with, because it almost fits in every shitty situation. I can listen to it, but I don't feel that good, then. But the song also has got a 'sing along character', so that I feel much better when I rap with mike.

But sometimes the bridge is too hard for me and Chester stops me and I can't hold on.

Can't hold on .. reminds me of By Myself.

Almost everytime I listen to it, I cry at the bridge. After watching the live version from Texas, I always get the picture of a suffering, screaming and jumping Chester in my head and I get angry and sad together. It's not about anybody else .. it's just about me. Just like the lyrics are. If I feel like I can't handle a situation, I feel like my hands are tied or I failed, I just flip By Myself on, feel like scream out my anger and self-hate and I feel better then.

The hard riffs and Chesters awesome energy often make me cry and my heart go faster.

I guess, I better stop here with Leave Out All The Rest. I like the song, hate the video, because I always search the things that the lyrics have in common with the video but can't really find them and I like the melody.

Brads solo is awesome and I feel like it's burning the lyrics into my soul. Don't know how I got this metapher ^^

The point is .. LOATR is a perfect song to tell somebody that you need (or even love) him/her and in a time I could't it made me sad. Just like My December, With You or The Little Things Give You Away. Even though the intentions might be a little bit different, my personal experience are connected to very much songs.

There are a lot of more songs I could name here, but you only asked for one and I already named too much :D

So my main reason are feelings and personal experience.

I hope you understand my points of view.

• 2 weeks later...

The point is .. LOATR is a perfect song to tell somebody that you need (or even love) him/her.

so agree with this - the way Chester says "don't be afraid", just really softly is brilliant. it's a phrase usually associated with a threat, but then he follows it with "i've taken my beating" - it's like showing someone important to you your faults and scars...

I cannot understand the argument that LP's music became "less mature" since MT... it baffles me...

So my main reason are feelings and personal experience.

I hope you understand my points of view.

Absolutely - a song means nothing if you can't relate to it.