A Thousand Suns+ - Thoughts

Joseph

Hey.

For all the people who have got/seen the actual DVD (not the leaked version), what do you think of the show and the quality of the audio (mixing etc)?

My brother is wondering before he buys it.

Ive ordered it (The suburb I live in hates rock music so I was lucky to even be able to order it at Sanity)

When it comes in, Ill watch it and post again with my update :)

Definately worth it for the price JB HiFi has it. $18 bucks and you get the live show on DVD.. Pop the DVD in the computer and view folders and you have the MP3s fully mixed like what you'd expect from R2R, not the lesser DSP mix..

Live show is nuts on big screen with some thumping sound.. Wish it was available on Blu Ray!

I'm in the US but just got a copy on eBay for $20 shipped. Hopefully the DVD will work in my PS3!

Really, really cool of them to include the MP3's of the show. I bought the EP on iTunes but it'll be much better to have the pro mix of the entire Madrid gig.

Awesome show. Much better then that Leak we got earlier. The audio is wonderfully mixed (and by Ethan I believe according to the credits)

Also Shout-out to that Robot Boy Instrumental thing at the end of the show ;) Epic.

Yes. Thank you for posting, I'm going to buy a copy. I have a question though. Will I be able to play the DVD in a normal DVD player or my computer? And will I be able to get the mp3s of the Madrid show as well if I live in the US?

Geki: the DVD will work with your computer, most likely, since you can easily switch regions on a PC at least a few times. Regular DVD players, PS3, etc, might be out of luck.

Let me clear this up.

The DVD is a normal DVD just like any other movie would you buy. You can watch it on your HDTV with a DVD player or Throw it into your xbox 360 and watch it though there. You are also able to watch it on your computer if you wish.

But when you put the DVD into your computer. You can open the DVD like a normal folder. You will see a folder called 'MP3s' and you will see the audio tracks from the show. Just pull them out of there and into another folder (like my DSP folder) and throw them in itunes.

Hope that clears it up for everyone.

Let me clear this up.

The DVD is a normal DVD just like any other movie would you buy. You can watch it on your HDTV with a DVD player or Throw it into your xbox 360 and watch it though there. You are also able to watch it on your computer if you wish.

But when you put the DVD into your computer. You can open the DVD like a normal folder. You will see a folder called 'MP3s' and you will see the audio tracks from the show. Just pull them out of there and into another folder (like my DSP folder) and throw them in itunes.

Hope that clears it up for everyone.

Thank you. :) I can't wait to get ATS +

download it...

Don't know if this is against the rules - I really hope it's not. But I have looked for a download and I can't find it anywhere. I'm buying the real CD/DVD anyways, so I guess I can wait. I just wanted to hear the show in mp3 at least before hand.

The DVD is a normal DVD just like any other movie would you buy.

So it's region-free? I've purchased other imported DVDs and had to rip them to my PC and re-burn them as region 1 NTSC for it to work in certain DVD players and my PS3. They were Region-2.

So it's region-free? I've purchased other imported DVDs and had to rip them to my PC and re-burn them as region 1 NTSC for it to work in certain DVD players and my PS3. They were Region-2.

Im 99% sure they are Region Free. Well, atleast the versions ive seen. I dont know about the Japanese Version.

Just got my copy today! Glad to have Madrid on an official DVD, with the audio levels mixed properly. The MP3's are 192kbps and a nice bonus, too. Only complaint is the grayscale/washed out look of the album artwork/book, but I already own the deluxe edition so no big deal. The "Robot Boy" instrumental/remix during the DVD credits is sweet, too :)

Don't know if this is against the rules - I really hope it's not. But I have looked for a download and I can't find it anywhere. I'm buying the real CD/DVD anyways, so I guess I can wait. I just wanted to hear the show in mp3 at least before hand.

where are u buying it from?