Linkin Park- Live in Madison Sq. Garden.. GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE... NO FUTURE LP CONCERT WILL COMPARE TO THIS

LPPRJKT4

On Febuary 21st, 2008. I attended a Linkin Park concert in Madison Sq. Garden during their North American Arena Tour. All I can say is that they tore up the entire arena that night. For me it was a non-stop adrenaline rush all the way to the end. We came in while Coheed and Cambria were in the middle of their set (we came a little late because of traffic so we missed Chiodos) and although I am not a huge fan of their work, they were pretty good that night. After that they went off stage and we had to wait for a few more minutes. Joe and Rob came on stage and started to play Wake and eventually Brad and Phoenix came out, then Mike and Chester. They finished Wake and broke into the powerful Given Up. Chester sounded really good though I wish he had done full 17 second scream. After that they went through the normal set of songs (Lying From You, Somewhere I Belong, No More Sorrow, and Don't Stay). Mike Shinoda seemed to be having a lot of fun during Lying From You and rapped it really well. The SIB and NMS intros were both incredible!! I was even more pleased to hear Don't Stay which is one of my favorite songs off of the Meteora album. After that they did Points of Authority with the Fort Minor song Bloc Party over the intro. Though I was glad to hear them do Fort Minor stuff it wasn't my favorite song and I had hoped for something different (actually a few hours before the show I made a prediction that they would rap Bloc Party over POA). Then Chester made a short speech about how happy the band was to finally play at this important venue and they started playing some slower songs (In Pieces, Numb, and one of their biggest hits, My December). In Pieces is one of my favorite song on Minutes to Midnight so even though Chester's vocals were a bit off on the song, I loved it the whole way through, they went through Numb with an extended piano outro that blended into their next song, a piano version of the famous My December. The crowd went mad when Chester started singing the song. My December ended and the piano intro of Breaking the Habit began. There was an extended piece before the original intro as well. They finished it and played Shadow of the Day though there was nothing special on that song. Crawling was extended and had the full Reanimation intro!! After Crawling they played the legendary In The End and during the bridge Chester had the crowd sing instead of himself. They finished In The End and Brad Delson played a one and a half minute long guitar solo, then they played the intro to A Place for My Head. Once again the crowd started going crazy. Then Mike pleased the fans even more by stopping the song after the intro and jumping down into the pit section to play the song from there. He stayed their throughout the song, then came back on stage for One Step Closer, which they played before the 1st encore break. Then the band came back out and started In Between, which had Mike singing instead of Chester!! (This is also my other favorite song on Minutes to Midnight) I would say this was definately Mike's best performance of the song on the entire winter tour. The song ended and the What I've Done ambo intro began. Then they broke into their Minutes to Midnight hit after it was over, and went backstage again for the 2nd encore break. I had been expecting them to come back out and play Bleed It Out, then close the show with Faint, however they did something entirely different and surprising! They came out with a special guest who had not performed on stage with them for two years! The guest was Jay-Z! I was already wiped out for the night, I had wasted most of my remaining energy on A Place for My Head, One Step Closer, and In Between, so I did not notice him at first. I seemed to hear the samples for the song from far away even though I was right by the stage, and at first I was wondering if they were redoing Points of Authority and mashing up the first verse of Numb / Encore with it, then I saw Jay-Z and I instantly woke up. I rapped with him all the way through Numb / Encore and Jigga What / Faint. If you see Jay-Z waving during the proshot video of Numb / Encore he is in fact waving to me (at least I think he had sunglassses on but it looked as though it was directed towards me I was right in front of him when he waved). Then he left and Linkin Park closed the set with the second Minutes to Midnight single, Bleed It Out. The single was extended and had a drum solo during the bridge, and an extended outro. Rob Bourdon threw me a drum stick after his solo and I was about to catch it, but I was pushed out of the way and almost off of the stands by this drunk girl who was also trying to catch it! Although I was extremely pissed at her it did not spoil the last few minutes of the concert and I loved every minute of it. This was one of the greatest nights of my life and I hope that those who attended the concert had the same experience I had.

That night was very amazing. I was at this concert as well and if you have ever watched a sporting event from this arena and heard how loud the crowd gets there multiply it by 5 when Jay-Z came out. This was one epic night that should go down in LP history when they tore the GARDEN down.

That night was very amazing. I was at this concert as well and if you have ever watched a sporting event from this arena and heard how loud the crowd gets there multiply it by 5 when Jay-Z came out. This was one epic night that should go down in LP history when they tore the GARDEN down.

The only sporting events I go to is hockey games and im a Devils fan not Rangers lol. LP did kick ass that night tho. Especially on My December in my section.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

It was my first LP concert ever, after waiting for at least 8 years. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of LP since Hybrid Theory was released. I was 8 years old at the time and it wasn't until now that my parents let me go to one of thier concerts. Was probably the best day of my life so far. Haha, I even cried. My favorite moment probably had to be when they performed "In the End" becuase I couldn't believe that I was finally singing the bridge along with them. That as well as when Jay-Z came out during the 2nd encore. I totally didn't expect that! It must have sucked for the people who left their seats before that!

After the concert, I was laughing so much when it started to flurry because LP always complains about how cold it is whenever they come to NYC. (On Z100/Mike: "Brad...are you wearing a sweater? It's cold in New York today. Are you wearing a sweatshirt?")

Anyways, I'm just glad that this could be one of LP's historic shows and the fact that I was a part of it by being there.

Edited by chihiro923

It was my first LP concert ever, after waiting for at least 8 years. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of LP since Hybrid Theory was released. I was 8 years old at the time and it wasn't until now that my parents let me go to one of thier concerts. Was probably the best day of my life so far. Haha, I even cried. My favorite moment probably had to be when they performed "In the End" becuase I couldn't believe that I was finally singing the bridge along with them. That as well as when Jay-Z came out during the 2nd encore. I totally didn't expect that! It must have sucked for the people who left their seats before that!

After the concert, I was laughing so much when it started to flurry because LP always complains about how cold it is whenever they come to NYC. (On Z100/Mike: "Brad...are you wearing a sweater? It's cold in New York today. Are you wearing a sweatshirt?")

Anyways, I'm just glad that this could be one of LP's historic shows and the fact that I was a part of it by being there.

O ya, I remember tht. But I didn't hear the interview.