ATS & the Stages of Grief

Trang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuebler-Ross_model

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

The steps do not necessarily come in the order noted above, and there's often the roller-coaster effect (switching between two or more stages, returning to one or more several times before working through it).

Can you identify the five stages of grief within the lyrics throughout the unwinding of the imminent cataclysm?

I just thought of this today, and it makes a nice sense for me.

IMO it goes like this... Let me know what you think.

The Requiem: here starts the awareness of the upcoming end ("Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns")

The Radiance: confirms the above ("We knew the world would not be the same... Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.")

Burning In The Skies: denial, it's not happening ("So don't apologize"), I'm in control ("I'm swimming in the smoke / of bridges I have burned")... But in the same time things start to happen ("We held our breath when the clouds began to form")

When They Come For Me: anger, the need to prove what I am ("I am / the opposite of wack / opposite of weak") and what I am not ("I'm not a criminal / not a role model") , the thought that it won't reach me ("When they come for me... I'll be gone")

Robot Boy: depression, failing to fight ("'cause no one will fight for you") and the feeling of certainty of the end ("the weight of the world / has kept you from letting go")... But tries to hold on to a small hope ("the weight of your world / will give you the strength to go")

Jornada Del Muerto: bargain, if that weight is to give me strength, don't take me and just let me go ("解き放して")

Waiting For The End: bargain, things are out of my control, please give me a reformed life ("All I want to do is trade this life for something new"). I'm so hoping for that to be possible ("Holding on to what I haven't got") because there's so much yet to do ("...thoughts were spinning in my head

So many things were left unsaid"). Even thought I understand the final time is coming ("And trying to figure out what it's like moving on")

Blackout: anger, facing the impossibility of the above, who is to blame? ("You say that it's not your fault

And swear that I am mistaken")... Still want to recover my life ("We've been waiting to collect what you've let go")

Wretches And Kings: anger, this is so odious ("makes you so sick at heart")... I can't save myself in any way I try ("To save face / how low can you go") so let's ultimately try to take control ("...final blow / We the animals / take control")... Urban chaos ("Wretches and kings we come for you")! Is this feelings causing them fear? ("If you fear what I feel put 'em up real high")

Wisdom, Justice, And Love: anger, every speech now, even if they are supposedly about the good, turns to evil voices

Iridescent: depression / acceptance, it's happening now ("And with the cataclysm raining down"), I'm so alone ("No one there to catch you in their arms")... But now that it's happening, why not let the bad feelings go away? ("Remember all the sadness and frustration / And let it go").

Fallout: acceptance, the evil voices finally are are starting to disappear... I think I can hear the human voice coming out of this.

The Catalyst: acceptance, may God save us from this because it's unavoidable ("And it can't be outfought / It can't be outdone") but it's time for me to close my eyes and let it happen ("To symphonies of blinding light")... Did we deserve this? ("Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns / For the sins of our hand")... Either way, I'm done with this ("Lift me up / Let me go").

The Messenger: acceptance for all, everyone who's still trying to fight this back ("When you've suffered enough... You're growing desperate from the fight") should listen to their hearts ("Those angel voices", "Remember you're loved") and also let it finally go, just relying on what's really important ("When life leaves us blind / Love keeps us kind")