Julien-K Viper Videos

hahninator

IMO that's nonsense. I mean, sure, it's a fact that Chester has been a great help to them and that they are very close friends, but you can't say that they wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for him. They could definitely do their thing without him. They would possibly need a little more time to get out and build up their fanbase, but they definitely have the potential to do it all by themselves. I mean, don't forget that most of their fans didn't discover them through Linkin Park, Chester, or the PR 07 Tour, but through Orgy or their tours with MSI/The Birthday Massacre and Evanescence. And a lot of J-K fans also disapprove of the work with Chester. I'm kinda stuck in between since I love both Julien-K and Chester (and also LP, of course) *lol*

And by the way, as far as DBS goes: The guys from J-K didn't ask Chester if they could work with them in order to get more exposure for their band (--> that is a rumor that has also been going around in diverse LP fan circles, and therefore I wanted to address it), but it was Chester who asked them to be a part of this project because he knew that the J-K guys are just amazingly talented musicians/producers, and that they could help him as well. Chester has also learned a lot from them regarding producing, technical stuff, sampling, etc. Therefore Julien-K definitely contribute a lot to his own career!!

I'd say 80% of the people who know Julien-K exists only know about them because of their involvement with Chester/LP. I'm certainly one of them. Being on PR07, doing the MSI and Morning After remixes with Chester, the DBS project, etc...just about every big project they've been involved with had something to do with Chester/LP. I mean hell, they remixed an Avenged Sevenfold song, and even my friend who is the biggest A7X freak in the world had no idea about it. The only reason Julien-K was on the main stage at PR was because they're such good friends with Chester. The only reason Julien-K got on a big tour with Evanescence was because they were on a big tour with LP. The only reason Julien-K toured with MSI is because MSI discovered them while touring with them on PR07...you see where I'm going here. I mean hell, even WITH Chester's support, they STILL haven't gotten a record deal! How are they supposed to "make it on their own" when they can't even get signed with one of the biggest singers in modern rock supporting their every move?

The remaining people who know about them are Orgy fans. And from what I've seen, a LOT of old Orgy fans HATE Julien-K and just want Orgy to get back together. Julien-K does not have that big of a fanbase, and what they do have is mostly made up of LP fans or people who know about them as a direct result of their involvement with LP. I firmly believe that had Chester never gotten involved with them, Amir and Ryan would have gone back to Orgy a couple years ago when they realized that their side project wasn't going anywhere. They'd be playing in little clubs for a couple hundred people if it weren't for Chester.

Edited by Astat