QWERTY

Joseph

Uhh...YAWN.

WIN :lol:

Honestly, I'd rather see Cure for the Itch, or Session played. But i suppose SMS2YM would be nice to hear live. But definatly not over and over. It seems like it would get overplayed really quickly.

Session was awesome last year! The first time I saw it was in Graz, and it was an indoor smaller venue that I guess had no sound restrictions because the lights went down and Pooch just CRANKED IT on Session. The place was just jamming, Session was really good. And Cure For The Itch in 2008 was badass. It went into OSC to end the show...place ERUPTED in West Palm Beach.

Both of them are very solid live. I have never seen QWERTY live but I have heard DSP's, the raw recordings and videos as well of it in 2007, and I have to say the 2007 version (Charlotte especially with Mountain View a close second) was VERY bad. I really do think that that was LP's worst song they've ever played live - the 2007 version of QWERTY. The attempt to mix the 2 versions together was terrible. Great idea but poorly executed. The like, 20 hits after the intro was just ridiculous.

The 2006 live version of QWERTY was amazing. I don't think they'll ever play the song live again since half the band likes one version and half likes the other, so I think that one will be put down.

I'd love to see Cure For The Itch and Session alternate between different setlists in LP's encores on the next tour - that'd be sweet. Too bad MTM didn't have an instrumental track, then LP really could rotate 3 of them between 3 setlists. I think Kyur off Reanimation is way too similar to CFTI so I wouldn't want that in the 3rd setlist. Announcement Service Public is a band instrumental like Wake...not much Hahn in that one. I really do think they could pull off Sold My Soul To Yo Mama. CFTI already has those sampled voices live...SMSTYM has them too...just let Joe scratch the hell out of it. Now tell me that wouldn't be badass - the first encore of the LP 2010 shows starts with a different song each night for all 3 setlists. Session in one, Cure For The Itch in another, and Sold My Soul To Yo Mama in the last one.

If LP really wanted to, they could make some EXCELLENT setlists on the next cycle that includes all those singles they want to play as well as some really solid rarities that the hardcore fans want to see. Sure, play Numb and Somewhere I Belong, but I bet thousands each night would enjoy Hit The Floor, Figure.09, With You and And One. My December is not an album track and the fans dig that. Reading My Eyes got a solid reception in 2006 in Japan and 2008 in Europe. C'mon LP, switch it up. I'm going to the 2 London O2 Arena shows and I'd love nothing else than to see a few songs live that I've never seen before from older albums, not just the new stuff. Why not keep the 2 encore idea, but play Easier To Run and some songs they haven't played in forever that we really want to hear in one of them?

/adding

I remember CFTI at West Palm, oh my God. Insanity the whole time.

Easier to Run would be good shit to hear live. And so wo- *looks at topic title* Shit.

/ontopic I think QWERTY's dead and buried with such songs as the entire Xero Demo Tape/Hybrid Theory EP, Don't Stay (was that played at all in 2009?), Forgotten (irony city), and electric Pushing Me Away. TBH it's prolly good riddance, seemed like QWERTY was divisive for the band regarding how it should be played.

Session was awesome last year! The first time I saw it was in Graz, and it was an indoor smaller venue that I guess had no sound restrictions because the lights went down and Pooch just CRANKED IT on Session. The place was just jamming, Session was really good. And Cure For The Itch in 2008 was badass. It went into OSC to end the show...place ERUPTED in West Palm Beach.

Both of them are very solid live. I have never seen QWERTY live but I have heard DSP's, the raw recordings and videos as well of it in 2007, and I have to say the 2007 version (Charlotte especially with Mountain View a close second) was VERY bad. I really do think that that was LP's worst song they've ever played live - the 2007 version of QWERTY. The attempt to mix the 2 versions together was terrible. Great idea but poorly executed. The like, 20 hits after the intro was just ridiculous.

The 2006 live version of QWERTY was amazing. I don't think they'll ever play the song live again since half the band likes one version and half likes the other, so I think that one will be put down.

I'd love to see Cure For The Itch and Session alternate between different setlists in LP's encores on the next tour - that'd be sweet. Too bad MTM didn't have an instrumental track, then LP really could rotate 3 of them between 3 setlists. I think Kyur off Reanimation is way too similar to CFTI so I wouldn't want that in the 3rd setlist. Announcement Service Public is a band instrumental like Wake...not much Hahn in that one. I really do think they could pull off Sold My Soul To Yo Mama. CFTI already has those sampled voices live...SMSTYM has them too...just let Joe scratch the hell out of it. Now tell me that wouldn't be badass - the first encore of the LP 2010 shows starts with a different song each night for all 3 setlists. Session in one, Cure For The Itch in another, and Sold My Soul To Yo Mama in the last one.

If LP really wanted to, they could make some EXCELLENT setlists on the next cycle that includes all those singles they want to play as well as some really solid rarities that the hardcore fans want to see. Sure, play Numb and Somewhere I Belong, but I bet thousands each night would enjoy Hit The Floor, Figure.09, With You and And One. My December is not an album track and the fans dig that. Reading My Eyes got a solid reception in 2006 in Japan and 2008 in Europe. C'mon LP, switch it up. I'm going to the 2 London O2 Arena shows and I'd love nothing else than to see a few songs live that I've never seen before from older albums, not just the new stuff. Why not keep the 2 encore idea, but play Easier To Run and some songs they haven't played in forever that we really want to hear in one of them?

Mike should be reading you're posts Mark! Lol.

Ya, I'm kinda miffed that I didnt get to see CFTI or Session live. :/ oh well.

I really think there's a chance that LP will extened the setlist this year, if they want to play singles as well as the new songs. They did 22 songs with the DBS encore last year, so Chester can easily do more than the 17 songs that they usually do. I think LP really underestimates their fanbase by thinking they're only there for the singles. Even casual fans would enjoy some b-sides and lesser known songs.

Back on topic, I think we can safely assume that QWERTY won't be played again live, unless the band can come to a consensus on the version they want to play live. Until then, they have probably buried it in Chester's back yard, along with the old XERO demos, Meteora b-sides, Phoenix's lyrics, Brad's failed guitar solos, and Chester and Talinda's "home videos" LOL

I wouldn't rule out the HTEP fully yet.... LP did RME in 06 and 08, I think they might do Step Up or And One someday again.

Or at least add Step Up verses in POA intros if the band can't do the whole song (like if they were doing a festival show or opening, that way the casual LP fan wouldn't be alienated).

• 3 weeks later...

LP isn't gonna play anything from HTEP, they don't want to play anything that sounds remotely close to what critics call 'nu-metal'.

What are you talking about? So this means no Papercut, A Place For My Head, anything with rap off Meteora or HT??? Total BS.

What are you talking about? So this means no Papercut, A Place For My Head, anything with rap off Meteora or HT??? Total BS.

Well, with the new album coming out, I highly doubt they will include old songs that aren't singles. This means probably only

HT

Papercut (Maybe, probably not since it was dropped from the whole 09 tour)

OSC

Crawling

In The End

Meteora

Somewhere I Belong

Lying From You

Faint

Breaking The Habit

From The Inside

I'm thinking they'll drop LFY and maybe SIB.