Why are Linkin Park so sloppy live?

DrSeus

I hope you don't drain your energy too much in these posts A-Stat, but if you can offer a well thought rebuttal to unfounded claims all the time, than more power to ya.

I tried doing that in conversations for a long time, and it got the better of me, might as well let people be in ignorance.

Edited by cstebila

Err...how many bands have you seen live? I'm guessing two or less. LP is tighter on stage than probably 98% of other touring acts out there right now. Other than Chester's frequent vocal issues that I've been rather critical of in recent years, they don't make mistakes on stage that any other band hasn't made multiple times.

I've heard Brad mess up the entrance on Faint like...twice. Whoop de fucking do. That one instance is enough to class him as "horrible?" Well shit, I've heard Matt Bellamy hit a wrong note in Knights of Cydonia once or twice, I guess he's horrible live as well.

Mike sings in tune FAR better than Chester does. He's rarely off-key.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've heard Rob Bourdon make a noticeable mistake on stage in the last 10 years. The man is also practically a robot when it comes to keeping time, you'd be amazed how many professional drummers can't play to a click track to save their life.

Phoenix's bass is plugged in, and it's completely out of his control how it's mixed anyway. But I can always pick it out of the mix just fine...I think you just don't know how to listen for it, or you have shitty speakers.

Christ, name nearly any major touring band right now. Creed with their much-hyped reunion tour and new album? They sound like shit live. AC/DC? Brian Johnson sounds like fucking Donald Duck these days. Nickelback? Even if their music didn't suck, their live performance is nothing to write home about, their drummer is the only guy in that band who excels on stage. KISS? Gene Simmons is fat, lazy, and forgets the words to his own songs half the time, and Paul Stanley's voice is shot. Blink-182? Tom Delonge is off in his own little world during live performances, and that world clearly doesn't have anything in it that reminds him how to sing in tune or play his guitar parts correctly. Even Roger Waters of the almighty Pink Floyd, with his massive upcoming The Wall tour, his voice has degraded to the point that he actually lip-syncs numerous songs.

The only reason Linkin Park isn't in the upper echelons of live acts is because they aren't a theatrical act with big stage productions like U2, Muse, etc...but even a perfectionist who's as obsessive as me knows that it's foolish to call them "sloppy." You want sloppy? Go see just about any band on the Victory Records or Fueled By Ramen rosters. You obviously need to get out and see more shows if you think LP is sloppy.

Or you can grow up and accept that we have differing opinions and stop assuming I'm not as highly "musically educated" as you because I don't agree with you. I've taken various music classes(two years of college level Theory, Survey of Music Lit, Piano, and various other musical classes[mainly percussion oriented]) and seen probably more acts live and performed more than you have, so there goes that argument.

It's hard to believe such an immature little twerp could be in a position of power.

Or you can grow up and accept that we have differing opinions and stop assuming I'm not as highly "musically educated" as you because I don't agree with you. I've taken various music classes(two years of college level Theory, Survey of Music Lit, Piano, and various other musical classes[mainly percussion oriented]) and seen probably more acts live and performed more than you have, so there goes that argument.

It's hard to believe such an immature little twerp could be in a position of power.

Two years of musical classes? Man, you're hardcore! Hardcore as hell!

Though I do kinda agree with A-Stat's point as mentioned earlier, I now kinda see both sides. I'm a fan of both :)

While I don't think Dr.Seus is trolling by any means, just stating his opinion on the band playing live (notice he complemented their studio sound) There was some "tone" of assumption in the post in A-Stat's post. Oh well.