LPLive Chatroom

hahninator

Talk about random - here's some information for you.

The LPLive Staff and a few other community members use a chatroom based on the the IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client mIRC. Back in the day, before AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, and the others were popular, people used IRC clients to talk. In some parts of the world, believe it or not, this is still the preferred client to message others with. In relation to the Linkin Park community, IRC was used as far back as 2001 in the #linkinpark channel for discussion and trading of old shows, back when trading recordings of shows was very popular. The channel lasted all the way until last year, believe it or not. That's when we got the idea to create an #lplive.net channel, and that's what we use now. Site members such as [AndOne], Kobzone, Neil McCooeye, nkramar, Jack, SergSlim, Dr. Biggy, Chesterchaz, Joe_LP and more are just some of the ones that use this room to talk about general life, the band, the live shows, and whatever else they feel like discussing. Other site owners such as Alex from Linkin-Inside pop in from time to time. More information on IRC can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

WINDOWS GUIDE:

If you'd like to join in and come see what we're up to, you are by all means welcome to. You can download mIRC here: http://www.mirc.com/get.html. Once you get it installed, hit File -> Select Servers. Pick "EFnet", and you can choose whichever server on there you'd like. I prefer the "Random US Server" option. Once you get that accomplished and you join the server, just type in " /join #lplive.net " and you'll be popped right in. If you have any questions, post a simple comment and I'll address them.

MAC GUIDE:

If you'd like to join in and come see what we're up to, you are by all means welcome to. You can download Snak here: http://www.snak.com/. Once you get it installed, make sure through the setup process you Type EFnet and the Room name is #lplive.net and you can choose whichever server on there you'd like. I prefer selecting all of the servers. Once you get that accomplished and you join the server, just type in " /join #lplive.net " and you'll be popped right in. If you have any questions, post a simple comment and I'll address them.

If you want a 4.0 update, the layout is going good. Legend has a pretty nice layout so far in my opinion. He's putting the final touches on it now. Once he finishes, graveguard will start coding the ACP (Admin Control Panel) which allows you to edit the entire site by logging in through a browser instead of using the FTP process. Nothing REALLY exciting yet, but I'll keep you updated throughout the process.

I walked Jack through the process, and trust me, if we can get him in there, I'm sure you can do it too!

...bitch

Guys if you have a mac, I will update this post and will give you instructions