Zaakir Of J5 Pissed @ LP

hahninator

http://www.daveyd.com/FullArticles/articleN1255.asp

This over powering sense of division in the Jurassic 5, seems to be centered around Chali2Na’s elevation to ‘front man’ of the group. And betrayal not by him, but by the groups musical peers seems to be more evident than ever. I reference the recent collaboration with Linkin Park and open a big can of worms, it seems.

“I didn’t do that either!” Zaakir states emphatically as we both laugh “You got to understand this man, ok. Linkin Park, we met those dudes at the VMA [video music awards] not the ones this year, but last year’s ones. The cats came and spoke with Marc 7, and I know they exchanged numbers. And I met a couple of ‘em and one of ‘em was like ‘Hey we really enjoy you guys……hopefully in the future we can do something’ I was like ‘cool, I have no problem with that’. But I always thought that was somewhere down the line.”

Obviously with Chali2na’s appearance on the new Re:Animation album, this wasn’t the case “I didn’t even know Linkin Park was doing this remix!” Zaakir states as his voice get’s more booming “But when I found out, I found out that they only called Chali. Me? I was like ‘Fuck Linkin Park!’ You gonna sit over there and say ‘Yeah, I wanna work with you’ but you’re only gonna get Chali cause you think he’s the bomb or whatever you might think, but for me it was a slap in the face. The other cats were upset about it, but I didn’t like that shit”

He continues “I was like ‘You wanted to work with US, not Chali2na by hisself’ and that type of shit, you know? If that’s what you want, that’s what you ask for. If I don’t like you, I’m not going to talk to you. I keep the peace with you, you keep the peace with my by not talking. But don’t feel obligated to say things that you don’t mean. So yeah, when it’s time to prove you go get who you THINK is Jurassic 5? Like it’s Jurassic 5 [referencing the album credits for Linkin Park, and the advertising] but really it’s Chali. The only one getting love off that is Chali. I don’t get no props for that if it goes quadruple platinum. The other members don’t get no cheque for being on there, that’s all Chali. For me it’s a slap in the face for those dudes of there to say they want to work with Jurassic 5, but in reality you don’t. you just want to work with one member.”

“But it’s cool” he concludes “Cause every dog got his day. Man, print that. And I’ll tell them cats in they face and the whole 9. I ain’t got no problem with that. Fuck ya’ll, cause I don’t think that was cool. You can definitely print that. Fuck Linkin Park!”

Like it’s Jurassic 5 [referencing the album credits for Linkin Park, and the advertising] but really it’s Chali.

Uhh...it says "Chali 2na" in the album credits and in every advertisement I've seen. In fact, I don't think they used the Jurassic 5 name one single time in conjunction with Reanimation. Guy needs to get his facts straight.

But that's an old-ass interview, and LP has since performed with Jurassic 5 at MFR 05, so I'd imagine things were smoothed over at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy's attitude and apparent jealousy toward Chali 2na had something to do with the Jurassic 5 breakup in 07 though.

Uhh...it says "Chali 2na" in the album credits and in every advertisement I've seen. In fact, I don't think they used the Jurassic 5 name one single time in conjunction with Reanimation. Guy needs to get his facts straight.

But that's an old-ass interview, and LP has since performed with Jurassic 5 at MFR 05, so I'd imagine things were smoothed over at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy's attitude and apparent jealousy toward Chali 2na had something to do with the Jurassic 5 breakup in 07 though.

I think it had something to do with the fact that their last album received terrible reviews and responses from fans and critics.

I wonder if The Roots hate Mike for only working with Black Thought :rolleyes: