06.10.2008 Las Vegas, NV, The Joint @ Hard Rock Hotel

Guess what? Time for the next Linkin Park show, which means time for the next pre-show writeup! Our favorite band will be playing at the Hard Rock Hotel's Joint in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 6th. This is a one-off show for the band, who wrapped up their last major tour in support of Minutes To Midnight, Projekt Revolution 2008, last month in Woodlands, Texas. This concert is for the winner of the LPConcerts.com (the site and it's parent, Verizon, that refuse to acknowledge LPLive.net) Remix Contest - Valerie from the University of Las Vegas. Linkin Park agreed to fly out to The Joint @ The Hard Rock Hotel in the city and play the show for the University's students only.

Setlist-wise, what can we expect for this one? Set X (One Step Closer), Y (What I've Done), or Z (No More Sorrow) from Projekt Revolution? Pooch hinted that it would be a "full show", but I wouldn't be surprised if they just stuck with about 15 songs. Set Y ended the tour last month, so maybe they will play Set Z. Noone is really sure, but stick around because Valerie, the winner, actually will be texting LPLive the setlist as soon as the show as over!

The band will beginning its last tour of any shape or form for Minutes To Midnight, The Music For Relief Asian Benefit Tour, in just a few days, kicking off a five show run in Shanghai, China on October 12th. Stay tuned, a tour preview will be coming shortly.

For those of you who want something to "spice it up a little bit", do you remember what was supposedly the "earliest" interview video of the band? Yeah, the Metal Machine video from New York City in 2000, right? Yep, but it seems this might be the second earliest interview out there - from just a little later on that year. LPU'er "highlandpark" threw the links to this interview up the other day, so I thought I'd share it with all the LPLive'ers out there. It's supposedly from November 25th, 2000, which would make it from this tour date: "25.11.2000 Sioux City, IA". Anyway, Mike and Chester are in an elevator doing the interview, so check it out. How incredibly badass is Mike's hair!?

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5TKUWqre8

Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gg3ETFPOSI