Future of MFR

SouthernGirlAM

Imagine if they did this {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

22.11.2008 Lafayette, LA, Cajundome, Music For Relief Southeast Coast Benefit Tour

23.11.2008 New Orleans, LA, Superdome, Music For Relief Southeast Coast Benefit Tour

25.11.2008 Houston, TX, Toyota Center, Music For Relief Southeast Coast Benefit Tour

Oh can we only dream {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif

Get like another huge band, or shit, even Linkin Park and Chris Cornell come back together for 3 shows for MFR. Or something like an LP/JZ 3 shows and have some other big rap stars and a rock band or 2 come. Something to attract crowds and bring in a lot of cash. Because I sure would go.

Linkin Park, Jay-Z, Chris Cornell, Timbaland, Kanye West, and Atreyu

Imagine if they did this ;)

22.11.2008 Lafayette, LA, Cajundome, Music For Relief Southeast Coast Benefit Tour

23.11.2008 New Orleans, LA, Superdome, Music For Relief Southeast Coast Benefit Tour

25.11.2008 Houston, TX, Toyota Center, Music For Relief Southeast Coast Benefit Tour

Oh can we only dream :(

Get like another huge band, or shit, even Linkin Park and Chris Cornell come back together for 3 shows for MFR. Or something like an LP/JZ 3 shows and have some other big rap stars and a rock band or 2 come. Something to attract crowds and bring in a lot of cash. Because I sure would go.

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

that wud be killerr

but kanye wud never go on b4 LP let alone timbaland maybe CC... but with his ego? nah not even for benifit...

but thatd be a tight ass showwwwwww!!

Imagine if they did this ;)

Oh can we only dream :(

How freaking sweet would that be! Doubt it will ever happen, but it would be the best show ever!!! I'd make the trip for all three; That's for sure!

• 1 year later...

From Musicforrelief.org: "Music For Relief is a grassroots effort comprised of musicians, music industry professionals and fans who believe that together we can create positive change."

I do agree with that quote but I have a few questions about involving fans:

First: What can a 18 years old student from Belgium do for music for relief besides sending money. We where unable to volunteer during the projekt revolution tour like the guys from like America. Three planting or building houses was also in America. The point is guys in europe (also Belgium) can't really DO something. Whe just have to send money and hope that you spend the money well but we would like to ACT ourselves by also planting trees, supporting Music for relief during LINKIN PARK's European and world tour...

second: Why don't you guys make music for relief more international? I mean why don't you guys ask more bands and festivals to ad €1 to their ticket wich goes straight to music for relief? I think that by doing that you guys would be able to collect a lot more of money and music for relief would become more known around the world. I also think a lot of bands would like to join.

From Musicforrelief.org: "Music For Relief is a grassroots effort comprised of musicians, music industry professionals and fans who believe that together we can create positive change."

I do agree with that quote but I have a few questions about involving fans:

First: What can a 18 years old student from Belgium do for music for relief besides sending money. We where unable to volunteer during the projekt revolution tour like the guys from like America. Three planting or building houses was also in America. The point is guys in europe (also Belgium) can't really DO something. Whe just have to send money and hope that you spend the money well but we would like to ACT ourselves by also planting trees, supporting Music for relief during LINKIN PARK's European and world tour...

second: Why don't you guys make music for relief more international? I mean why don't you guys ask more bands and festivals to ad €1 to their ticket wich goes straight to music for relief? I think that by doing that you guys would be able to collect a lot more of money and music for relief would become more known around the world. I also think a lot of bands would like to join.

Music For Relief is the type of organization that you can "help" without having to donate money or even take part in one of their official projects. If MFR is doing a tree-planting campaign in the U.S. and you want to help from Europe, organize a tree-planting campaign in your area. It doesn't have to have the MFR name on it, if you're working towards a common goal, it's much appreciated. :)

Another thing you can always do, since MFR is a nonprofit organization, you can organize an independent fundraiser in their name and then donate the money to them.