Billboard Philippines Full Band Interview

LPLStaff

Linkin Park sat down with media across Asia the day before the concert in Korea recently. Billboard Philippines has highlights of it in their article.

A few highlights:

When asked by Billboard Philippines which of the new songs from From Zero the band is most excited to perform live, co-lead vocalist Emily Armstrong immediately answers with “Two Faced” – the From Zero‘s 8th track, noting how “it’s really fun live.” Adding to this, she also mentions “Casualty” and “Overflow” – the album’s 6th and 7th tracks respectively. “Those three, I think, were the ones we’ve kinda been talking about… like, really wanting to explore live,” expounds Armstrong. “I think we’re gonna do some rehearsals when we get home and, you know, put it into our live set.”

Joe: “All jokes aside, we’re really excited to play the record. The album’s coming out [and] we can’t really reveal the whole thing but I personally want to play the whole record when we start touring [the album].

23 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The most noteworthy thing here is the setlist is about to change again for the November shows. New songs added in... wonder what all will be rotated.

2025 needs like 3 distinctly different setlists (different openers, closers, songs, etc).

I'll lose my shit if we get 2/3 live debuts of new songs on November 3d, and even more if they play an previously unplayed one (Powerless, Mark The Graves, or something like More The Victim.)

Edited by GreyFox-AFCA

5 hours ago, street-soldier said:

As far as I know, Brad is involved in the selection of the songs for all the 2024 setlists. And he is very picky, so I don’t think we will get many rare additions / live debuts (from the old catalog) to the sets we already have. 

I don't see why Brad, a studio-only member now, should select songs for the rest of them to play live.

They said Brad had a hand in the shows. But as we know before, some members of the band (Rob and Brad are the speculative members) didn't want to play a lot of deep cuts. Well, there are quite a few in the show right now, so the "Brad/Rob factor" (if you call it that) is not that strong. For example now they are playing Keys, My December, Lost in the Echo in full, Points, Lying From You, APFMH, etc. Even in 2017 much of that wasn't played.

They rehearsed a TON of songs so we are about to see the sets get pretty wild in 2025.