2024.09.28 - Incheon, South Korea (Inspire Arena)

RogueSoul

Chester himself was clean-singing almost all songs in the last years.

Emily is doing great dinging her balance.

The voice-cracking is happening a lot for a professional singer, but it's all about her finding her limits.

It's working itself up. The performance is outstanding.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the venue, and at the beginning, she was handing over the microphone to the audience quite a bit so I was wondering if her condition's not too good, but hearing her sing songs like Lost, My December, Heavy is the Crown and BIO, I thought she did an amazing job!

2 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Chester himself was clean-singing almost all songs in the last years.

Emily is doing great dinging her balance.

The voice-cracking is happening a lot for a professional singer, but it's all about her finding her limits.

It's working itself up. The performance is outstanding.

As unfair it was to bash Emily for just not being Chester, like it is saying that Emily now is better that Chester because the latter was starting to feel the weight of the age on his vocal chords.

17 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

Emily switched to clean singing in quite a lot of tracks already. The difference is really noticeable on songs like Crawling in the last show.

Not sure if it's to give her voice some rest, or because the rest of the band recommended her to take it easy, or just because she thought it sounds better. 

I do think it sounds better on a fair amount of the tracks tbh, but I also liked the rasp being back in a few of the older songs like Crawling, so I dunno 😅

In which songs?

2 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Ouch. It could be the fans, but it surely seems like it. That's... not a good look.

The same I already wrote couple of days ago in this thread. Saw a comment section under a youtube video pointing at some points already mentioned. They have so many layers in the Crown chorus that they probably use backing tracks to make it sound more "powerful" (i guess?).

Edit: Saw a live performance of Sleep Token's "Take me back to Eden" and they use those layers as well. And I don't mean their live female background vocalist but the actual studio backing track.

Edited by KeysToTheLinkinPark

3 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Ouch. It could be the fans, but it surely seems like it. That's... not a good look.

It's true that you can hear her a bit in the back, but it's fully heard when she sings, I mean, it seems like a sound backtrack to give a little punch. I don't feel this diminish a bit her talent, you can feel it My December or Lost in the Echo. Or Waiting for the End, I mean, it's Emily's voice no doubt.

Edited by juancpin

1 hour ago, juancpin said:

It's true that you can hear her a bit in the back, but it's fully heard when she sings, I mean, it seems like a sound backtrack to give a little punch. I don't feel this diminish a bit her talent, you can feel it My December or Lost in the Echo. Or Waiting for the End, I mean, it's Emily's voice no doubt.

What if its the backing track of the IEM that somehow got in ? 

I don't think that Emily needs a backing track of her own voice she's a powerhouse and if she needs a break she just give the mic to the audience.

I think that the sets have sections that are very heavy and she was not used to scream at all.

It's a similar situation to Chester, before he joined he didn't do any screaming w his old bands and he learn how to do it w the band.

There are backing tracks all over the show - it is what it is. Lying From You, Emptiness Machine, Lost in the Echo, Heavy Is the Crown, etc. Just how it is. LP has used playback in certain scenarios all the way back since 2010. The show sounds great, it isn't a big deal because they are sometimes adding extra vocals on top of some of the sampled layers too by band members. You can't tell at all at the show, only in the videos.