Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

24 minutes ago, Bebro said:

What? Where did you hear that 'fact'? You mean invisible? Sorry For Now? Waiting for tommorow feat. Mike Shinoda? Crossing a line? Has he failed because one more light album wasn't that successful as HT or Meteora? 

Well, claiming that something isn't an opinion but a fact, does not make it a fact.

Anyway, from what i heard, a designer Alan Ashcraft has something to do with it.

yeah those tracks exists but none of them were  a hit.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Smarky said:

Personally I was wondering if it was a reference to Xero and if the band are reforming but not with all members, i.e Rob is not in the band anymore, so they have a new singer and at least a new drummer, maybe they don't call themselves LP anymore, but go back to the original name of Xero or something inspired by that, like a fresh start, but going back to the original idea and roots of LP.

To me that makes a lot of sense and gets around a lot of the 'issues', having a female singer, makes less comparisons to Chester, renaming the band but keeping a connection to the original allows them to break free but also move forward, less comparisons, less people getting upset at it just being a 'legacy' band cashing in on the LP name etc.

there’s way too much brand recognition with the name “Linkin Park”

Not a chance that anyone in charge would allow them to come back with a different name. 

Edited by milkshake227

8 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

yeah those tracks exists but none of them were  a hit.

All of them are amazing. I bet a lot of fans like me love them as much as the rest of LP catalogue

24 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

there’s way too much brand recognition with the name “Linkin Park”

Not a chance that anyone in charge would allow them to come back with a different name. 

Boom! This^

LINKIN PARK is definitely felt like a B(R)AND. The name is huge, there's no way they would abandon that name. The synergy between the name and music really defines LINKIN PARK as long as Shinoda is steering the ship. 

They could come back with new version of all songs. Never play again the songs as they originally were, but a revision/reprise of the track. Keeping the instrumental and basics similar to the original.

They are used to do that, ok the studio they rerecord many versions of each song, with different lyrics.

This could be like a Linkin Park multiverse of some kind.

19 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Boom! This^

LINKIN PARK is definitely felt like a B(R)AND. The name is huge, there's no way they would abandon that name. The synergy between the name and music really defines LINKIN PARK as long as Shinoda is steering the ship. 

yep.

“Linkin Park new album and concerts coming to a city near you!” = $$$$$$ 

or

”introducing Xero! featuring former Linkin Park members! New album and concerts coming soon to a city near you!” = $ 

one is a massive story that will get music fans everywhere talking.. The other is a headline that will quickly be forgotten about by the general public and will turn in to a niche project for dedicated fans similar to anything Mike Shinoda has done under his own name. 

3 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

They could come back with new version of all songs. Never play again the songs as they originally were, but a revision/reprise of the track. Keeping the instrumental and basics similar to the original.

They are used to do that, ok the studio they rerecord many versions of each song, with different lyrics.

omg! THE LINKIN PARK UNIVERSE is real?! 

1 hour ago, Smarky said:

Personally I was wondering if it was a reference to Xero and if the band are reforming but not with all members, i.e Rob is not in the band anymore, so they have a new singer and at least a new drummer, maybe they don't call themselves LP anymore, but go back to the original name of Xero or something inspired by that, like a fresh start, but going back to the original idea and roots of LP.

To me that makes a lot of sense and gets around a lot of the 'issues', having a female singer, makes less comparisons to Chester, renaming the band but keeping a connection to the original allows them to break free but also move forward, less comparisons, less people getting upset at it just being a 'legacy' band cashing in on the LP name etc.

this would be the best case scenario for me. I would support this 100%

the reality is I think there is zero chance they ditch the Linkin park name. It doesn’t make any business sense. LP is a business venture. 

Edited by Hybrid1988

I think starting again as Xero would be smart move, but long-term. They would avoid comparisons of the new singer to Chester, it would allow them to cut off everything that's in the past and start with a blank piece of paper. Big portion of LP fanbase would follow.

But it would require an organic process of building the brand, including playing smaller shows and non-headlining spots at big festivals probably for a few years.

To me as a fan it totally makes sense if you're thinking long-term, but it doesn't short-term, because they can basically come back as LP whenever they're ready and get big tour offers and all.

I'm here for whatever comes

Edited by millytripleseven

3 hours ago, Elaine said:

Plenty of bands have come back after lead members have passed without changing their name. There's no need for LP to be different.

The change of name discussion it's pretty damn stupid.

It's obvious that they are going to comeback as Linkin Park which is their right

And everybody that I talk to is like, "wow

Must be really hard to figure out what to do now"

Well thank you genius, you think it'll be a challenge

Only my life's work hanging in the fucking balance

Next topic please

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

4 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

That's a pretty good idea. You keep the old versions untouchables and no one can say that you're disrespecting them, just playing Bleed it Out/Numb/New Divide '24

I honestly cant comprehend that people want new LP music. Chester is gone, LP is gone. Dont give me the whole “ there are 5 others in the band just as important “, you can replace pheonix but not chester.

I know ill never be ready, OML was the fitting end of LP. 

ill enjoy whatever they do and support them but it wont be Linkin Park.

20 minutes ago, Subs said:

I honestly cant comprehend that people want new LP music. Chester is gone, LP is gone. Dont give me the whole “ there are 5 others in the band just as important “, you can replace pheonix but not chester.

All due respect, but they are absolutely Linkin Park, and even have Talinda’s blessing. It’s not about what you want or I want. 

22 minutes ago, Subs said:

Just because you can’t comprehend it, doesn’t mean we can’t. It’s not for you to say it won’t be Linkin Park - that’s a decision for the actual band members to make. Not us.

Wrong.

It’s down to the guys to make the final say, yes.

is it LP without Chester ? Sound wise ? 
No.

Its not a matter of opinion really, the LP we know and love are gone.

Edited by Subs

25 minutes ago, Subs said:

That's life, sail of the ship has gone and if the band still want to sail, they need to find something to fill the hole. Is it different? Yes, so what?

I'm a fan of the band and their music, so i'm watching their next move.

If one lose a partner, and want to find another one, no one says 'oh next relationship won't be the same', everybody knows it's gonna be different.

2 minutes ago, Subs said:

Wrong.

It’s down to the guys to make the final say, yes.

is it LP without Chester ? Sound wise ? 
No.

Its not a matter of opinion really, the LP we know and love are gone.

Over the years we’ve had tracks and demos where you either can hardly hear Chester on, or he simply isn’t on the track at all. Does this mean they’re not Linkin Park?

You’re the one who is wrong man. If they announce in 2 days Linkin Park are back, whether Chester is there or not they are still Linkin Park. I fail to understand your logic.

Just now, Bebro said:

That's life, sail of the ship has gone and if the band still want to sail, they need to find something to fill the hole. Is it different? Yes, so what?

I'm a fan of the band and their music, so i'm watching their next move.

If one lose a partner, and want to find another one, no one says 'oh next relationship won't be the same', everybody knows it's gonna be different.

i get it, i totally do, but i still grieve for Chester and for LP as they were. I know its not rationale and its an emotionally charged subject.

Its just weird to me people would want a LP without CB. Mike is a genius and im sure itll be good, but when you lose arguably the greatest vocalist in the world, the soul of the band, like, what exactly are you wanting out of LP 2.0 ?

Theres no real right and wrong here tbh

1 hour ago, BeardyWilderness said:

Over the years we’ve had tracks and demos where you either can hardly hear Chester on, or he simply isn’t on the track at all. Does this mean they’re not Linkin Park?

You’re the one who is wrong man. If they announce in 2 days Linkin Park are back, whether Chester is there or not they are still Linkin Park. I fail to understand your logic.

Because regardless if LP released No roads left, in between, etc at the time CB was still the singer.

it isnt LP with an album without Chester. Its pretty simple.

im not here trying to argue with people, its a charged subject, but come on what im saying isnt hard to understand at all

55 minutes ago, BeardyWilderness said:

You literally said “wrong” on your previous post 😂 consistency please. 

Tbf i did yes, my bad, just didnt like the few replies to me acting like my opinion was ridiculous on the matter. 

55 minutes ago, Subs said:

Because regardless if LP released No roads left, in between, etc at the time CB was still the singer.

it isnt LP with an album without Chester. Its pretty simple.

im not here trying to argue with people, its a charged subject, but come on what im saying isnt hard to understand at all

Again… It’s not up to you to decide if it’s Linkin Park or not. Just because you have an emotional connection to the topic, it doesn’t make you right.

It might not be hard to understand, but you’re still wrong, and I find that particular opinion that some of you have rather weird. It’s not the Linkin Park that you’re used to, but we know that it IS still Linkin Park.

None of this is new. Other bands have lost members, distinctive voiced singers and continued the band name, because at its core and anything outside of that, it’s still the same band but with a new vocalist/member.

No matter how much you want what you’re saying to be true, it never will be. That’s the fact, you don’t have to like it, but it’s factual.

52 minutes ago, Subs said:

Tbf i did yes, my bad, just didnt like the few replies to me acting like my opinion was ridiculous on the matter. 

My opinion is that it is ridiculous.

I understand if you don't feel LP would be the same with a different singer, but nobody forces you to be on board with it, follow the band's new projects or socials or simply listen to whatever new material there may be. 

Being mad at the fact that this thing might just simply exists with the LP name is what gets people weirded out, not your personal feeling that you explained, I think.