Mike Shinoda Won A Grammy

lpliveusername

Congratulations to Mike Shinoda who won a Grammy for Best Remix (Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical) for his rendition of "Passenger" by Deftones.

He commented on Twitter:
"Thank you to everyone involved and everyone who supported 🤍🙏🏽🔥 @chinomoreno @deftones @Tool @mjkeenan + Mark & Beno for reaching out and asking if I wanted to be a part of this project"

and Discord:
"I just wanted to pop in and share my excitement for tonight’s Grammy win. The award for my remix of Deftones “Passenger” feat. Maynard James Keenan is my first solo Grammy nomination and win. 🤯 Thanks for streaming it and supporting, as always."

He also added: "I didn’t really expect to win, and didn’t feel like I needed to go hahaha"

This is his first solo Grammy, after the two awards won with Linkin Park: Best Hard Rock Performance for "Crawling" in 2002, and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "Numb/Encore" in 2006.

As far as I can tell LP didn't stand a chance in any category in 2011. It clearly wasn't a rock album and even the "Alternative" category had stuff like "Suburbs" (which didn't win, either). So I don't see them winning an award for ATS. Sure, for us, who listened to it many many times, it is deserving of a price (to some extend). Having it "deserving" a Grammy is a bit far-fetched for my taste, though.

38 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Agreed with Trumtram. It can still be a legendary album without winning a Grammy.

That Foo Medicine at Midnight album is groovy as hell. Pretty solid.

For sure it can be legendary without winning the Grammy, but I’d trade the Numb/Encore Grammy with one for ATS anyday, my personal opinion. 
As for the Foo Fighters album, I only listened to it once TBH, i think it was Ok.