POST TRAUMATIC, 3 YEARS LATER

Somebodyangry

PT was crucial for I guess all of us in processing Chester's passing and grieving, but now, 3 years later, with a bit less emotional involvement, how does the album sit with me ? As someone who isn't a big fan of what Mike has put out since 2019, I decided to make a simple track by track of the record, just rating and a little comment. Feel free to comment below.

1. Place to Start 7,5/10, super emotional and smooth intro.

2. Over Again 8,5/10, the hardest song to sit through, super raw and emotional. Great flow by Mike, that first verse is still unsettling.

3. WAIF 7,5/10, bouncy flow, still pretty solid lyrics, love the little instrumental bridge.

4. NMSA 7/10, naked as it should be, seen the lyrical content. I feel a little bored while listening the whole song, but still pretty solid.

5. About You 7,5/10 Great flow, love Blackbear feature (I started listening to his music after this song). Not a fan of the repetitive ending.

6. Brooding 6,5/10 Nice instrumental.

7. PICK 8,5/10 Great track, the closest to what I guess LP would sound like if they make a new record. Amazing lyrics.

8. CAL 6,5/10 Here is where things start to get meh for me, I really don't like the "lullaby" kind of effect the verses give me, the chorus is ok, the instrumental is cool.

9. Hold it together 6,5/10 Super bouncy, I always felt weird for how the beat is too "happy" as opposed to the lyrical content. Always gave me Fort Minor "Believe me" vibes. I always felt a bit bored halfway through the song.

10. Ghosts 5/10 I really don't like Mike's vocals here. It always sounded like a super silly song to me. The only thing I like is the LP-ish bridge.

11. MIUAIG 5/10 Never liked K-Flay, really not my thing. The rest is ok, nothing special. Still, I get these "lullaby" vibes in the pre-chorus which I'm not a big fan of.

12. Lift Off 7/10 Solid song, I wish I liked it more but there's something that doesn't really click me the way it should.

13 IOU 8/10 Banger, great Mike flow. maybe a bit out of context in an album called Post Traumatic, but it's cool.

14. RFMS 7/10 My only "problem" is Grandson, I don't like his voice that much. The rest is cool.

15. World's on Fire 7/10 Nice song, I like the lyrics a lot. It's a bit generic sounding in the actual musical landscape, it could even be another artist, but it's nice.

16. Can't hear you now 6,5/10 The rap is great, same for the pre chorus, but not a big fan of the chorus. It's another song that could have been made by another artist, and it's a bit repetitive.

(Prove you Wrong: 4,5/10, see the problems I have with Ghosts (and Welcome) but worse; WTWM 7,5/10 very NIN, moody and dark).    

Edited by LPLivesWorstNickname92

8 hours ago, Subs said:

Never understood the love for IOU, easily the worst ‘ track’ on the record by far

Worlds on fire, lift off and what the words meant are my my fav

I love the flow on IOU, even tho it's out of place on the record. Why do you call it "track" ? 

4 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Great album, still got it on repeat in my car. If instead of MS it was released by Post Malone or somebody else with a bigger solo name we would be talking bout an easy number 1 in the charts

Maybe. Despite not being a big fan of the song, I was shocked to see that MIUAIG wasn't huge as a single

Was never a big fan of the album or era. One More Light was the last album that I somewhat enjoy, which I know is different since it's Linkin Park, not Mike Shinoda, but yeah. After Chester passed, the entire Linkin Park discography helped me, especially One More Light, actually, I had no problem listening to it after Chester passed like a lot of fans did, I used it to help me heal from the loss. I've never been a huge fan of the side projects of band members except for the earlier ones back in the day, but even then, Linkin Park is my actual shit that I love. I'm not knocking Post Traumatic by any of this, though. I know it massively helped a lot of fans heal, and I believe that the Post Traumatic era as a whole helped Mike heal, too. I don't know what I could say my favorite song off of the album is, as I kind of would give them all the same rating.

3 hours ago, Yellowstone said:

Was never a big fan of the album or era. One More Light was the last album that I somewhat enjoy, which I know is different since it's Linkin Park, not Mike Shinoda, but yeah. After Chester passed, the entire Linkin Park discography helped me, especially One More Light, actually, I had no problem listening to it after Chester passed like a lot of fans did, I used it to help me heal from the loss. I've never been a huge fan of the side projects of band members except for the earlier ones back in the day, but even then, Linkin Park is my actual shit that I love. I'm not knocking Post Traumatic by any of this, though. I know it massively helped a lot of fans heal, and I believe that the Post Traumatic era as a whole helped Mike heal, too. I don't know what I could say my favorite song off of the album is, as I kind of would give them all the same rating.

I get what you say, as you can see, I gave a lot of “good but not great” ratings, because I feel the same way 

33 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

I get what you say, as you can see, I gave a lot of “good but not great” ratings, because I feel the same way 

Yeah, One More Light is a much better record than Post Traumatic IMO. Even if One More Light isn't my absolute favorite, it still holds a special place in my heart. 

7 minutes ago, Yellowstone said:

Yeah, One More Light is a much better record than Post Traumatic IMO. Even if One More Light isn't my absolute favorite, it still holds a special place in my heart. 

Same. And let me tell you, I like SFN and Invisible a lot more than most of PT. 

59 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

Maybe minus Over Again and Promises 

What?? There were a few good tunes on Post Traumatic actually, maybe. Running From My Shadow had potential but the grandson feature is kind of meh. I like Place To Start kind of because it's weird and mellow. 

24 minutes ago, Yellowstone said:

What?? There were a few good tunes on Post Traumatic actually, maybe. Running From My Shadow had potential but the grandson feature is kind of meh. I like Place To Start kind of because it's weird and mellow. 

OA and Promises are really good IMO. The rest a little bit less 

• 1 year later...

Well you should know that this album is called Post Traumatic but not only Traumatic. CAL is a real line in this album.The songs before it are exceedingly sorrowful but after it are full of sunshine and hope. It seems that you don't like those hopeful songs but only wanna drown in grief, which was we not really need. You should try to understand this whole greatest album.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:38 PM, STRANGELOVE92 said:

PT was crucial for I guess all of us in processing Chester's passing and grieving, but now, 3 years later, with a bit less emotional involvement, how does the album sit with me ? As someone who isn't a big fan of what Mike has put out since 2019, I decided to make a simple track by track of the record, just rating and a little comment. Feel free to comment below.

2. Over Again 8,5/10, the hardest song to sit through, super raw and emotional. Great flow by Mike, that first verse is still unsettling.

3. WAIF 7,5/10, bouncy flow, still pretty solid lyrics, love the little instrumental bridge.

4. NMSA 7/10, naked as it should be, seen the lyrical content. I feel a little bored while listening the whole song, but still pretty solid.

5. About You 7,5/10 Great flow, love Blackbear feature (I started listening to his music after this song). Not a fan of the repetitive ending.

7. PICK 8,5/10 Great track, the closest to what I guess LP would sound like if they make a new record. Amazing lyrics.

8. CAL 6,5/10 Here is where things start to get meh for me, I really don't like the "lullaby" kind of effect the verses give me, the chorus is ok, the instrumental is cool.

9. Hold it together 6,5/10 Super bouncy, I always felt weird for how the beat is too "happy" as opposed to the lyrical content. Always gave me Fort Minor "Believe me" vibes. I always felt a bit bored halfway through the song.

10. Ghosts 5/10 I really don't like Mike's vocals here. It always sounded like a super silly song to me. The only thing I like is the LP-ish bridge.

11. MIUAIG 5/10 Never liked K-Flay, really not my thing. The rest is ok, nothing special. Still, I get these "lullaby" vibes in the pre-chorus which I'm not a big fan of.

12. Lift Off 7/10 Solid song, I wish I liked it more but there's something that doesn't really click me the way it should.

13 IOU 8/10 Banger, great Mike flow. maybe a bit out of context in an album called Post Traumatic, but it's cool.

14. RFMS 7/10 My only "problem" is Grandson, I don't like his voice that much. The rest is cool.

15. World's on Fire 7/10 Nice song, I like the lyrics a lot. It's a bit generic sounding in the actual musical landscape, it could even be another artist, but it's nice.

16. Can't hear you now 6,5/10 The rap is great, same for the pre chorus, but not a big fan of the chorus. It's another song that could have been made by another artist, and it's a bit repetitive.Well you should know that this album is called Post Traumatic but not only Traumatic. CAL is a real line in this album.The songs before it are exceedingly sorrowful but after it are full of sunshine and hope. It seems that you don't like those hopeful songs but only wanna drown in grief, which was we not really need. You should try to understand this whole greatest album. On 6/15/2021 at 8:38 PM, STRANGELOVE92 said: PT was crucial for I guess all of us in processing Chester's passing and grieving, but now, 3 years later, with a bit less emotional involvement, how does the album sit with me ? As someone who isn't a big fan of what Mike has put out since 2019, I decided to make a simple track by track of the record, just rating and a little comment. Feel free to comment below. 1. Place to Start 7,5/10, super emotional and smooth intro. 2. Over Again 8,5/10, the hardest song to sit through, super raw and emotional. Great flow by Mike, that first verse is still unsettling. 3. WAIF 7,5/10, bouncy flow, still pretty solid lyrics, love the little instrumental bridge. 4. NMSA 7/10, naked as it should be, seen the lyrical content. I feel a little bored while listening the whole song, but still pretty solid. 5. About You 7,5/10 Great flow, love Blackbear feature (I started listening to his music after this song). Not a fan of the repetitive ending. 6. Brooding 6,5/10 Nice instrumental. 7. PICK 8,5/10 Great track, the closest to what I guess LP would sound like if they make a new record. Amazing lyrics. 8. CAL 6,5/10 Here is where things start to get meh for me, I really don't like the "lullaby" kind of effect the verses give me, the chorus is ok, the instrumental is cool. 9. Hold it together 6,5/10 Super bouncy, I always felt weird for how the beat is too "happy" as opposed to the lyrical content. Always gave me Fort Minor "Believe me" vibes. I always felt a bit bored halfway through the song. 10. Ghosts 5/10 I really don't like Mike's vocals here. It always sounded like a super silly song to me. The only thing I like is the LP-ish bridge. 11. MIUAIG 5/10 Never liked K-Flay, really not my thing. The rest is ok, nothing special. Still, I get these "lullaby" vibes in the pre-chorus which I'm not a big fan of. 12. Lift Off 7/10 Solid song, I wish I liked it more but there's something that doesn't really click me the way it should. 13 IOU 8/10 Banger, great Mike flow. maybe a bit out of context in an album called Post Traumatic, but it's cool. 14. RFMS 7/10 My only "problem" is Grandson, I don't like his voice that much. The rest is cool. 15. World's on Fire 7/10 Nice song, I like the lyrics a lot. It's a bit generic sounding in the actual musical landscape, it could even be another artist, but it's nice. 16. Can't hear you now 6,5/10 The rap is great, same for the pre chorus, but not a big fan of the chorus. It's another song that could have been made by another artist, and it's a bit repetitive. (Prove you Wrong: 4,5/10, see the problems I have with Ghosts (and Welcome) but worse; WTWM 7,5/10 very NIN, moody and dark).     

On 6/15/2021 at 8:38 PM, STRANGELOVE92 said:

16. Can't hear you now 6,5/10 The rap is great, same for the pre chorus, but not a big fan of the chorus. It's another song that could have been made by another artist, and it's a bit repetitive.

(Prove you Wrong: 4,5/10, see the problems I have with Ghosts (and Welcome) but worse; WTWM 7,5/10 very NIN, moody and dark).    

4 hours ago, Voskuhl said:

Well you should know that this album is called Post Traumatic but not only Traumatic. CAL is a real line in this album.The songs before it are exceedingly sorrowful but after it are full of sunshine and hope. It seems that you don't like those hopeful songs but only wanna drown in grief, which was we not really need. You should try to understand this whole greatest album.

Really random after a whole year, anyway PT was important in the grief process, but I don’t care much about the record now 4 years on, especially I don’t find myself revisiting any song, sonically wise is not what I look for right now but I respect Mike’s work 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

I loved the album when it came out but right now I have the same problem w OML the sounds used to create these albums to me they sound outdated.

I don’t think “outdated” expresses how I feel, but to me is more like “uninteresting”, OML has really great vocals by Chester and Mike, even tho the music was super simple, PT had some good vocal performances but nothing that makes me want to come back to listen to it.