Minutes To Midnight (Alternate Tracklist)

Hello. This is my first post. First, I'd like to thank the LPLive staff and community. The strength of this family is to keep our passion for LPs alive. So, thank you.

Minutes To Midnight would have been my favorite album if, after No More Sorrow, there hadn't been Valentine's Day and In Beetween. In my opinion, they are among the weakest songs in the entire LP discography and, in addition, they kill the second part of MTM. For fun and for passion, I decided to imagine an alternative version of MTM, with 13 tracks. Listening to this "version" 5 times, it seemed really good. I have thought about introducing other MTM demos and b-sides that we all know as well, but I think this is the best version. If the third LP had come out like this, it would have been my favorite.

Minutes To Midnight (Alternative Version)

01. Wake

02. Given Up

03. Across The Line

04. Leave Out All The Rest

05. Bleed It Out

06. What We Don't Know

07. Shadow Of The Day

08. What I've Done

09. Blackbirds

10. No More Sorrow

11. Hands Held High

12. In Pieces

13. The Little Things Give You Away

Obviously they are personal opinions. I'd love to hear your feedback on "my" tracklist and hear your other versions of MTM. If you have them!

A hug, Chazy987

1. Wake

2. Given Up

3. Bleed It Out

4. Leave Ot All The Rest

5. What I've Done

6. Shadow Of The Day

7. No More Sorrow

8. No Roads Left

9. Blackbirds

10. Valentine's Day

11. In Pices

12. Across The Line

1. Wake 

2. No More Sorrow

3. Qwerty

4. Pale * (with vocals)

5. What I've Done

6. No Roads Left 

7. In Pieces

8. Bleed It Out

9. What We Don't Know

10. Given Up

11. Across the Line

12. Fear (Leave Out All the Rest) * (version with Mike and Chester)

13. Blackbirds

14. Shadow of the Day

25 minutes ago, AnthonyWakefield said:

1. Wake 

2. No More Sorrow

3. Qwerty

4. Pale * (with vocals)

5. What I've Done

6. No Roads Left 

7. In Pieces

8. Bleed It Out

9. What We Don't Know

10. Given Up

11. Across the Line

12. Fear (Leave Out All the Rest) * (version with Mike and Chester)

13. Blackbirds

14. Shadow of the Day

Oh my god I respect your opinion but LOATR to me is just Chester, it’s the perfect ballad 

On 5/20/2021 at 4:23 AM, lpplus said:

1. Wake

2. Given Up

3. Bleed It Out

4. Leave Ot All The Rest

5. What I've Done

6. Shadow Of The Day

7. No More Sorrow

8. No Roads Left

9. Blackbirds

10. Valentine's Day

11. In Pices

12. Across The Line

Perfect.

2 hours ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

In my head GU and BIO should have been consecutive, LOATR between the 2 is quite weird, it’s like Victimized between COG and RU 

According to Mike, they did that on purpose because the band wanted a roller coaster dynamic on the album. They talked about it on stage at the iHeart 2014 show.

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

According to Mike, they did that on purpose because the band wanted a roller coaster dynamic on the album. They talked about it on stage at the iHeart 2014 show.

Oh I can see it, but I was never big on the songs order on MTM, like the Valentine’s Day to LTGYA sequence, but it’s my own personal view 

6 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

Oh I can see it, but I was never big on the songs order on MTM, like the Valentine’s Day to LTGYA sequence, but it’s my own personal view 

Yeah I can see it being something LP thought would be cool and different that turned out, over time, to not be as cool as they thought it would be lol

10 minutes ago, Justin said:

Yeah I can see it being something LP thought would be cool and different that turned out, over time, to not be as cool as they thought it would be lol

Yeah MTM and THP are the records where I’d have personally changed the tracklist order, no complaints obviously because I can listen to the songs in different order lol but with these two records I feel bored by the tracks order 

23 hours ago, Justin said:

Interesting. Will watch that. Rick Rubin is who suggested it to the band when they were attending the Grammy's. He sent them that exact tracklisting and that is what they went with.

29 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Interesting. Will watch that. Rick Rubin is who suggested it to the band when they were attending the Grammy's. He sent them that exact tracklisting and that is what they went with.

Rick is awesome, without him the band wouldn’t have grown to create such masterpiece like ATS, but when it comes to MTM, there’s always something that makes me feel bored by listening to it front to back, I don’t know the exact reason