Mike Shinoda Debuting 'Happy Endings' Live / Identity 21 Livestream

LPLStaff

Mike has just announced that he will be debuting 'Happy Endings' on Friday, May 14th. He's going to be recording it for an event coming up but he doesn't know when it will air.

Mike confirmed that it will be just a one song performance. He added, "I'm not on tour so I have to set everything up from scratch." This will be his first real performance of any kind since September 8, 2019 in Japan... a total of 613 days. Wild! Here's to more performances in 2021!

We haven't seen any confirmation yet on if iann dior and UPSAHL will be joining the event as well or not, but we would logically assume they'll be performing in some capacity too.

Source: Mike on Twitch (May 13)

EDIT (May 18): Mike is confirmed with iann dior and UPSAHL for the performance of 'Happy Endings'. It will air on Friday, May 21st at 8pm EST / 5pm PST. The event is for "See Us Unite For Change" which is hosted by Ken Jeong. The performance will be aired here.

---------------------------------------

Additionally, Mike has been announced for the Identity 21 event airing this weekend. The event will benefit PBA’s scholarship programs and the AAPI Community Fund. It is co-hosted by Dumfoundead alongside Sherry Cola and will include live performances and panel discussions from Mike Shinoda, James Reid, Guapdad 4000, ATEEZ, Kalani Peʻa, Taylor Rapp, Steve Aoki, among others.

Fans can livestream Identity 21 starting at 8 p.m. ET on May 15 via Twitch.tv/AmazonMusic.

Source: Complex

• lpliveusername changed the title to Mike Shinoda Debuting 'Happy Endings' Live / Identity 21 Livestream
39 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

It’d be definitely cool. I’d be curious to hear HE with no guests too, similarly to Heavy with just Chester. I remember Mike singing the chorus on a Tik Tok/Instagram live sounding quite good. 

Also curious to hear HE with live instrumentals, although we probably won't hear that until Mike plays with band members like Matt and Dan. OML songs sound different live, and the post traumatic songs sound a lot different when Mike started PT shows by himself vs. PT shows after Matt and Dan joined in. 

20 minutes ago, JoForumBlueGold said:

Also curious to hear HE with live instrumentals, although we probably won't hear that until Mike plays with band members like Matt and Dan. OML songs sound different live, and the post traumatic songs sound a lot different when Mike started PT shows by himself vs. PT shows after Matt and Dan joined in. 

Yeah it’s a prerogative of this pop music, it’s a lot different live. I bet that I’ll like HE more live than studio -wise. 

1 hour ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Yeah it’s a prerogative of this pop music, it’s a lot different live. I bet that I’ll like HE more live than studio -wise. 

Reminds me of Heavy performed live which sounded way less poppy than the studio version.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:56 PM, LPLStaff said:

Yeah hopefully he debuts that one live in 2021 at a full show!

I can't see that happening, I think he forgot about fine super fast and it was a one-time only thing. Also I don't know how the pandemic still strikes in the U.S. of A., but live shows are cancelled until probably 2022 here

On 5/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, JoForumBlueGold said:

post traumatic songs sound a lot different when Mike started PT shows by himself vs. PT shows after Matt and Dan joined in.

I agree, but I actually preferred Mike's solo performances for the greater part

Fine currently has more streams than Happy Endings and is a more popular song, so I hope he will play it.

The USA is open for shows, we have 100% capacity concerts for 15,000+ people starting in July. Mike could announce a show anytime for July onwards that he wants, but he will likely play it even more conservative than most artists and wait until the end of the year or so to play, probably.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Here is Happy Endings live. Mike's performance starts at 01:16:04.

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/335283057963011/

I like it a bit more (or dislike it less) than the studio version, she sounds more "natural" and less "super happy TikTok music"-esque live.It's good to see Mike on stage after nearly 2 years. Iann Dior looks like football player Justin Kluivert lol 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

This could have been a lot worse, honestly. Not a huge fan of the song but at least they got together and performed it live. Doing it over Zoom or whatever could have happened virtually would have been much worse. This is what it is - it isn't terrible. Reminds me of ALTNC on Jimmy Kimmel with Aoki, Mike, and Chester.