Linkin Park: Greatest Hits CD

I was asking myself, as a fan, would I enjoy the idea of a LP greatest hits, would i buy it ? It’s interesting because in a “collection” perspective it’d be cool, but would feel somehow strange (independently from the fact that Chester passed away). 
What do you guys think ? Share your opinion. 

16 minutes ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

it's pointless people would buy for their collection but a greatest hits at this point it's unnecessary, unlikely and who needs it when you have so many streaming options.

Agree with you, in fact my post was not “I wish they dropped a greatest hits” but asking an opinion 🙂 I agree with you that a CD with standard versions of  ITE, OSC, Crawling, Numb, SIB, BTH, WID, LOATR, BIO, SOTD, The Catalyst, ND, WFTE, BID, COG, FM, Heavy (arguably) would be quite pointless 

I think they should release one right now and the reason why I'm thinking they should do that is only one - there is so much fake GH CDs out there, once there will be official one, people will stop make fake CDs or at least will stop buy those fake CDs.

Also this shows that this kind of release is needed to be done.

Edited by martinez

I personally would love a release like Music Bank or Chris Cornell. A mix of greatest hits, rarities and unreleased content. There are some Linkin Park tracks such as Not Alone, Blackbirds, Final Masquerade (Acoustic) and Rolling In The Deep that never received a physical release. This would be the perfect way to do that. As a bonus they could include some of those One More Light leftovers like Friendly Fire, What Are You Worth, Ricochet, My Horizon, Tidal Wave and whatever else. Hell, we know there are some Hybrid Theory-era tracks still unreleased like Ashes and Turn To Grey. Imagine what they could release from other albums too. Chicken Basket, Fire In The City, Left Right, The Glistening. They could even include the live version of Looking For An Answer to at least give the song an official release.

59 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I personally would love a release like Music Bank or Chris Cornell. A mix of greatest hits, rarities and unreleased content. There are some Linkin Park tracks such as Not Alone, Blackbirds, Final Masquerade (Acoustic) and Rolling In The Deep that never received a physical release. This would be the perfect way to do that. As a bonus they could include some of those One More Light leftovers like Friendly Fire, What Are You Worth, Ricochet, My Horizon, Tidal Wave and whatever else. Hell, we know there are some Hybrid Theory-era tracks still unreleased like Ashes and Turn To Grey. Imagine what they could release from other albums too. Chicken Basket, Fire In The City, Left Right, The Glistening. They could even include the live version of Looking For An Answer to at least give the song an official release.

that sounds like a box set

6 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

This would be dope, absolutely dope, instead of a standard Greatest Hits 

They could have do a greatest hits box set like mentioned above and include that stuff. LP is a band with so many huge singles that that would need more than just an 80 min time slot like a lot of older-ish greatest hits albums had, like Curtain Call by Eminem or something. He also didn’t have as many hits as LP had at the time that was put out though. 

I think they could do it well though just like you guys mentioned. Maybe some demos/live takes on the huge singles but they’d have to be amazing quality and cleaned up. But yeah giving stuff like Final Masquerade acoustic a home would be nice. I think if LP were to have done one in the past it would have worked in like 2005, with the singles from Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora and Collision Course, with maybe a live track of In The End or something thrown on, idk. Other than that it wouldn’t have made sense for them to ever do it with later albums until maybe now. If they had put one out in 2005 I’d say this is what they could have did 

1. Pictureboard (Unreleased 1999)
  2. One Step Closer
  3. Crawling
  4. My December
  5. Points Of Authority
  6. Papercut
  7. In The End
  8. A Place For My Head
  9. Pts.Of.Athrty
  10. H! Vltg3
  11. A.06
  12. Somewhere I Belong
  13. Faint
  14. Numb
  15. Session
  16. From The Inside
  17. Lying From You
  18. Breaking The Habit
  19. Numb/Encore
  20. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You
  21. In The End (Live At Live 😎

I took how Eminem put 3 unreleased songs on his greatest hits and adapted it here. Pictureboard being because it was the most hyped up unreleased song by the band for such a long time and it’s from HT. A.06 because it had a cult following as a Meteora tack on, especially in the older days, the band even played it live a few times. If we had the Pride demo I would have used that since it’s probably the most sought after demo for Meteora and has a legend to it, but we don’t have it. My December is probably their biggest non album track that was out in 2005 and it was popular so I included it. I also took the idea of how Eminem put a live version of Stan as the final track and did it with ITE from Live 8 since the version released in 2019 is super high quality and it was arguably the most known song from the band at the time and still is. I included several other songs that had promo singles and I decided to add APFMH just because it’s so popular. Session too I wanted to include because I feel like it had a big presence with the Grammys in 2003. 

Edited by Magma

• 2 years later...

If you were to imagine a Greatest Hits album, what tracks would you put on there? Which are the ones you'd rather not have on it? 

Do you think it would be a single or a double album? 

You know what would be cool? Instead of putting the regular songs on CD, put some alternate versions that doesn't differ too much from the final version. For example, the Shadow of the Day from iTunes 2013, the ECW mix of One Step Closer... And some live tracks here and there. It highly improbable, but dreaming is for free

• 3 weeks later...