Rank these 3 songs

OKCrew

QWERTY is def #1 for me too. Blackbirds would be an easy #2 if it wasn’t for that weird intro that sounds like Mike is rapping in another room. That was the dealbreaker for me ranking Not Alone above it. Plus that Not Alone outro always gets me it’s just so beautiful. But all 3 are amazing songs on their own rights

6 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

QWERTY (live is 1000 better tho) 

Blackbirds (I’d kill for an HQ version of the song) 

Not alone (love the song but it’s a little “static” if you know what I mean) 

Agreed QWERTY is better live, but I do like the “punk” ish elements/drumming they added to the chorus in the studio version.

I recently purchased the version of Blackbirds that’s listed as a Bonus Track on ATS on iTunes and it still includes that intro. Mike once said in an interview that the intro part is a demo recording and thought “it would be a cool way to start the song.” I just happen to disagree but think the rest of it is a masterpiece.

I get what you mean by Not Alone feeling “static” in that there aren’t any significant musical, vocal, or structural changes that we’re accustomed to from most Linkin Park songs. It’s definitely an example of them attempting to create a simply constructed song that speaks for itself and I think they succeeded. It’s beautifully written and performed, and then the scratching elements in the outro make it “interesting” to me as well.

4 hours ago, LPsMart said:

I think we can all agree on
1. QWERTY

2. Blackbirds

3. Not Alone

I totally get why this would be the most popular answer 

18 minutes ago, OKCrew said:

Agreed QWERTY is better live, but I do like the “punk” ish elements/drumming they added to the chorus in the studio version.

I recently purchased the version of Blackbirds that’s listed as a Bonus Track on ATS on iTunes and it still includes that intro. Mike once said in an interview that the intro part is a demo recording and thought “it would be a cool way to start the song.” I just happen to disagree but think the rest of it is a masterpiece.

I get what you mean by Not Alone feeling “static” in that there aren’t any significant musical, vocal, or structural changes that we’re accustomed to from most Linkin Park songs. It’s definitely an example of them attempting to create a simply constructed song that speaks for itself and I think they succeeded. It’s beautifully written and performed, and then the scratching elements in the outro make it “interesting” to me as well.

I totally get why this would be the most popular answer 

Lyrically Not Alone is awesome, it’s like a sweet lullaby that tries to make feel safe somebody who lost everything, so the song being static is part of the “vibe” to it I guess. 

2 hours ago, OKCrew said:

Unpopular opinions right here:

I enjoy the studio version of QWERTY more than the live version

I think the intro of Blackbirds makes it more of a "being a part of something" experience, but I left it out on the instrumental, 'cause it's just a loop and I see why that is annoying in some way

Not Alone has amazing lyrics and great performance and it's certainly hypnotizing, I just don't like the sound they used on that one that much. but still it's a great song and if it was more energetic I would listen to it way more often - even though I listen to ballads like that on the regular, it's just a little different from what I like

8 hours ago, LPsMart said:

Unpopular opinions right here:

I enjoy the studio version of QWERTY more than the live version

I think the intro of Blackbirds makes it more of a "being a part of something" experience, but I left it out on the instrumental, 'cause it's just a loop and I see why that is annoying in some way

Not Alone has amazing lyrics and great performance and it's certainly hypnotizing, I just don't like the sound they used on that one that much. but still it's a great song and if it was more energetic I would listen to it way more often - even though I listen to ballads like that on the regular, it's just a little different from what I like

💯 

That’s why I love this fanbase. The music is so diverse in sound, even though we may not all have the same top favorites, we still enjoy it all. And I think what you’re saying about Blackbirds is exactly what Mike was getting at. To me, that’s great for an LPU disc, but it’s gonna be hard for me to rank it above songs that sound more like a finished product (even though the rest of the song has amazing production value).

• 1 year later...