Mike Shinoda launches #ShinodaProduceMe initiative

PeppePark

Almost a year later the #SingOpenDoor challenge that led fans to be featured on "Open Door", Mike Shinoda is engaging his fans again.

On January 4, 2021, he introduced the #ShinodaProduceMe initiative: this time he'll produce a track for you!

If you're a vocalist/rapper and songwriter you could have your track produced by Mike himself live on his Twitch channel!

He's searching for songs with just vocals and one or two instruments, like piano and guitar, not fully produced tracks, just to get the idea of the structure and the chords.

He could mute the original instruments in his version of the track.

He won't add any vocals by himself and there will be no back-seat producing, he'll work to the song until he thinks it's ready.

It could be any genre, but not covers.

If you're a songwriter but not a singer, or viceversa, you could team up with someone else and submit your track together.
If you're a producer then this isn't the right chance for you, but Mike teased the idea of doing remixes once he's done with the songs, so stay tuned!

This isn't a contest or a challenge, so there's no deadline: your goal will be just to get noticed on social media.
Share your song, use the hashtag #ShinodaProduceMe, chat and get the attention of the other fans from the Twitch community, they'll be Mike's A&R (in fact he chose the name AnRmy!)

If Mike likes your track he will get in contact with you, so be sure to turn your DMs open!

Watch his official announcement on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.

"For 2021, I wanted to find a way to give back to my amazing community online. I’m looking for voclaists, rappers, and songwriters who need help getting to the next level. If I find someone great, I’ll produce their track, live on my Twitch channel. There’s no formal contest, just an intention. The fans on Twitch will help me find the right vocalists. my only “rules” are 1.) I’m not doing vocals, 2.) I’d like the artist to only contribute vocals and one instrument, nothing filled-out, just the “song,” and 3.) no back-seat producing, the track has to be in my hands until I feel like I’m done. If you want to participate, go talk to the fans on Twitch.tv/OfficialMikeShinoda"