Halfway Right info

Garret

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/entertainment/music/in-his-last-australian-interview-linkin-parks-chester-bennington-spoke-of-his-dark-thoughts/news-story/9d3bceec9a1018deef9eaa66a42326ff

Never seen even this interview with Chester before. In it, he talks in depth about Halfway Right. I think it’s good info to add to the song page on Linkinpedia. Halfway Right is one of the two songs that Chester worked on for One More Light, the other being Heavy. Here is the quote:

‘’I was strung out on some really fucking heavy drugs and I was really young and I was driving my car and I blacked out. I woke up driving in a field, down a dirt road, in the middle of a farm. I didn’t know how I got there. It was crazy. I was remembering this constant fucking battle I have with myself, this constant cycle I couldn’t see at that time, where these choices and these behaviors and where this journey would take me in life. But when I was a guy in my

20’s getting out of it, I didn’t realize I’d have these problems for my whole life. I didn’t think I’d be in one of the biggest bands in the world with a beautiful family at 41 going ‘’Fuck, I could have easily have blacked out driving my car again two months ago’’. It’s a dark song, it’s a reality check for me. The chorus is the insanity of my situation - ‘’I scream at myself when there’s nobody else to fight.’’ It’s fucking crazy.’’

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazeWorshipper said:

NANANANANANNANANA NANA

For me this part always sounds like an advanced DEMO version where they didn't put the right lyrics yet, because they had no idea for them yet.