One More Light Live sound

bloodbath

Hi guys, I want to discuss something that has been around my mind since I listened this album. I won't lie, I'm not the biggest OML fan, but I decided to give a chance to this release, despite it doesn't include any of my favorite tracks of their setlist back then. But I realized that the sound was pretty weak, specially on old songs like Numb or In The End. I know there are their poppier songs, but they lack of any kind of aggression, I can barely hear guitars on Numb, for example. It reminds me to the DSP of some years, where the songs sounded too soft for me (but I really appreciate the effort that the band made back then). I'm other words, it gaves me the feeling that they just simply throw us some recordings from the mixing desk, and not a proper live album. But if that would be the case, I 100% understand it, because of the context where it was released. Or perhaps this awful mix was conscious to match the soft tone of the newer tracks. I don't know, what do you guys think?

The only main problem I have with the mix of this album is the engineer darn near muted all of Rob's crashes on nearly every song. When you do hear them, they have a really fast release and turned down reallyyy low. Makes songs like New Divide and What I've Done, which relies on the crash heavily, lose a little oomf to them. I'm a drummer as well so I tend to notice things like that and really just wish Pooch would've mixed this album. The 2012 Berlin and 2014 LA Guitar Center Sessions show sound huge and impactful. Oh, and the drum bit from right after the bridge in Burn it Down is missing too, but I'm just nitpicking now. Still a great way to listen to the newer songs performed live, the newer songs from OML really shine on this album.

The 2012 Berlin and 2014 LA Guitar Center Sessions show sound huge and impactful.

Ethan mixed those.

Yeah I noticed that on BID. That's how we tracked down how to identify the show. Seems easy to slip that into the mix when they edited the songs so much, especially since it's sampled. If we want to talk about the editing, sure. Some sloppy moments... muting Mike's piano after Crawling, editing IN a Chester vocal messup on NCSM, etc.

I’ve always hated the release. I hate the way it sounds. WID and LOATR were cool in 2017 but rips from other shows sound better, even some audience recordings. I also hate how they didn’t include all the good songs from HT and Meteora that were played. Would have been better to just released the entire Birmingham show audio and packaged that.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always hated the release. I hate the way it sounds. WID and LOATR were cool in 2017 but rips from other shows sound better, even some audience recordings. I also hate how they didn’t include all the good songs from HT and Meteora that were played. Would have been better to just released the entire Birmingham show audio and packaged that.

The lack of The Catalyst, Wastelands, One Step Closer, Lost In The Echo, Breaking The Habit, and Faint was disappointing as well. It also would've been cool if they included Heavy/Papercut together as one track. There were so many great performances from the last tour that weren't included.