STP Album

Geki

We all know Chester was working on an actual album with STP. They worked on it from 2013 to 2015. Does anyone know why the reason why it was never released? Was there an official reason out there? I know they did the EP but thats not the same as an album and I think the band said that during some interview. I didnt know if they were gonna have the EP tracks on the album or not. But still. Was it almost done and then Chester quit the band?

From AltWire's interview with Rob:

"AW: You worked on and recorded several songs with Chester in 2015. Were any of those songs re-purposed for the new album with Jeff?

Robert DeLeo: There were, but they were kind of ideas and they didn’t really get too far. Working on a new record with Chester was kind of a notion and it didn’t really go too far before he said he could no longer do STP. We got together and played some ideas and that was about it. So these ideas were sitting there for a couple of years"

From AltWire's interview with Rob:

"AW: You worked on and recorded several songs with Chester in 2015. Were any of those songs re-purposed for the new album with Jeff?

Robert DeLeo: There were, but they were kind of ideas and they didn’t really get too far. Working on a new record with Chester was kind of a notion and it didn’t really go too far before he said he could no longer do STP. We got together and played some ideas and that was about it. So these ideas were sitting there for a couple of years"

Thanks for clearing that up.