MTM Realization

Geki

I respect the guys in LP highly, as I'm sure most other LP fans do. They have integrity. If they had thought Rick Rubin sucked, they wouldn't have worked with him again. Instead they worked with him for 2 more albums? Sometimes different artists work better with different producers. Just cos Corey Taylor didn't click with Rubin doesn't mean no one can.

We'll take care of him guys. If this thread gets anymore out of hand we'll have to lock it.

I feel like this entire thread is just "I'm going to say things so many times in an attempt to make myself believe what I'm saying is true."

You can lock the thread if you need to. Maybe even just delete it if you want. I don't really care. Any time that I want to discuss anything about the band, it's an issue on this site. I've always had that problem on this site, actually. I've noticed that ever since I first started posting here back in 2008, that you have to love everything that the band has ever done, and praise everything that they do. It's not really like that anywhere else but it for sure seems like that here. I've said it time and time again, and of course the Mods here will say stuff like ''Oh, that's not true'', etc. Seems true to me when I constantly keep realizing that, year after year. It's also funny to me that apparently the opinions of some of the people that run this site never change. If you like something at one point, you're never allowed to dislike it or even hate it in the future. Idk, but that's not how I operate. I can hear a song one day that I think is an amazing song, and maybe a month later or less, I can hate the song. For me to have loved MTM for such a long time and now not really be into the album, that isn't weird for me. I do that a lot with music. Even on other ends of the spectrum, maybe I hated something when it first came out, then I'll eventually come to like it down the line. And yeah, sometimes I do troll. But when I'm writing paragraphs upon paragraphs about why I don't like something, or why I like something, or if I want to just discuss something, that's way more valid than some of the people here who just say ''Oh this sucks''. I explain why I think something sucks. You don't have to agree with it. I don't have to agree with you. This site has always been that way and it's so weird and annoying.

A few of us were told by a member of Dead By Sunrise at a dinner event.

In The Darkness fits really well for Twilight lyrically. Out Of Ashes not coming out until late 2009 would have meant it was too early to be released, like you said they couldn't have used it. But the actual song was written back in 2005 so they probably had a semi completed version of it by mid to late 2008. I remember that they wanted to use Crawl Back In for Transformers 2 soundtrack as well but they couldn't because of most likely the same issue, since the album didn't end up coming out until late 2009. Kind of sucks for Chester. Maybe that's what led Julien-K to do the entire score for Transformers 2 video game. Anyways, I always thought that MTM and OOA were kind of similar in a lot of ways. I could see a lot of MTM songs appearing on OOA and a lot of OOA songs appearing on MTM. They both had that alternative emo rock sound and the touch of electronic thrown in. They were both written basically at the same time so it makes sense in a way. Plus in the mid to late 2000's, that emo rock shit was extremely popular in the mainstream, similar to how big nu-metal was in the early to mid 2000's. That's why I said all that about having the tour for MTM appeal to all those kids who loved that shit at the time. ATS is when they really just said fuck whatever is trending, let's just go crazy and be us and we will tour with whoever we want too.

Edited by Geki

Just a FYI, they were originally going to use In The Darkness by Dead By Sunrise in Twilight, but it would have meant they couldn't release it on Out Of Ashes, so Chester suggested LOATR. Let's also keep in mind the world was rather unaware of Twilight before the movies. Agreed that they had a following prior to the movie but it was the movie that made it mainstream.

Never knew that, that's interesting...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow... Linkin Park became so much more than just New Metal. They stayed relevant because of their evolution and while I agree that not everything they've done is great it was always another experience.

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy of a certain era. I'm started listening to them shortly after HT dropped in the US (before it did in Germany, where I live). I've gone through EVERY major label phase of this band and totally hated the mainstream traction they got after "Crawling" got released (and don't ask me about the teen mayhem that followed after "In The End"). The band was always hated by people even during their New Metal "peak". Nowadays they get so much praise for their first two albums when in reality they got bashed by a lot of the same people for being so cheesy, angsty and new-metaly.

I will forever be a big fan of the New Metal phase but I'm even happier that they did, what they did: evolve.

I learned a lot creatively from them and I'm really happy that they tried to reinvent themselves time and time again. Like many things in life not everything turns out amazing but you progress as an artist instead of satisfying those people who see this band in this one dimensional frame of "screams and guitars".

And to close this: a troll's life is a sad one.

Edited by Trumtram

• 3 weeks later...

I just feel like a lot of people think Hybrid Theory and Meteora are immature. But idk like I’m still in the same mindset as I was when I first heard those songs as a kid and probably always will be. Can’t see myself growing up or whatever. I know LP sold that shit when they made MTM that they’re ‘’grown up’’ now. Fuck that though. To me, Mike and Chester are still the same dudes from the HT and Meteora days.