Corey Taylor Shouts Out Chester In New Album Interview

RogueSoul

Chester and Slipknot/Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor have gotten pretty close in recent months, especially since they toured together with supergroup Kings Of Chaos. Their relationship has definitely been evident in the last few months, Taylor defending Chester when he came under fire for the whole "move the fuck on from Hybrid Theory" fiasco. Upon the release of 'Heavy,' Chester also revealed that Taylor had some great praise for the song:

Before showing Taylor some of the new Linkin Park tracks including “Heavy,”, Bennington cautioned him, “I know you hate pop music” adding, “I’m just letting you know: this is pretty poppy.” Describing Taylor’s reaction as, “Dude, these are great,” Bennington went on to say, “The thing is I feel like when you write a good song, it doesn’t matter what style it is, as long as the substance of the song is good. So I felt good. I was, like, ‘All right. Corey’s down with it. All right, I got a ‘thumbs up’ from the Prince Of Darkness.’

Now, Stone Sour is just about to launch their new record Hydrograd (out tomorrow, June 30) and it's a style change for them, too. While it's not as drastic as Hybrid Theory is to One More Light, the sound is definitely noticeable. In an interview with Alternative Press, Taylor, when discussing the story behind single 'Fabuless,' mentioned Chester in his explanation:

I just think people are too worried about keeping up appearances, about some sort of backlash. I tell you what, give him shit for the way he said it, but look at Chester [bennington]. At least Chester’s standing up for his new shit instead of hiding behind a wall of rhetoric because they’re afraid of not making money. Linkin Park is at least trying to do something different. You may not like it, but who gives a shit? There are people out there who will like it, and they’ve at least got the balls to do it. I understand why the reaction to what he said was what it was, but he’s got a point, man. Fuck you if you don’t like the new shit. People are so afraid of risk, that the only way you really win is if you risk, and that’s all we’ve done our whole career.

Cool to see friendships extend out like this, especially between two notable musicians. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more Linkin Park news! Stone Sour's new album Hydrograd is out now - if you listen to it, let us know what you think of it (check out my review of it if you need an opinion on it)!

Corey is right. I mean LP as the balls to do whatever they please. Some people will hate it, some will love it. I mean after the initial reaction, people shoudl just move on, they have a pretty diverse discography, including the LPU albums, so there is enough material to fall back on. Just ignore the era and move on and wait till the next round. I don't get why there is still that weird following that has no better things to do than scream 'Bring HT back' :lol:

I just don't feel like Corey would tell face-to-face to Chester he hated the songs.

It's like your mom telling you're beautiful. Or when you're at a friend's house having dinner, the food is tasting bad but you say "yummy" and keep eating it.

So wouldn't Chester. What is it then? Is it respect that either Chester or Corey would go and tell each other how much they hate each others songs?
I mean, Corey is a very outspoken man. If he does not like something he says it. Of course it is a bit different here, because both played together for KOC not a long time ago so it does not have the same impact as it would have if Corey came out of nowhere.

Tbh I think that Corey is so well known that he says what he thinks that even if his best friend was doing bad music he wouldn't even hesitate to say "Dude, you suck". And in fact even if its "I say I like it, even though its not true, because he is my friend..." then thats worse. I mean..Regardless of how close you are with someone, you should flat out say that something sucks if it does.

Or is that just me?

Tbh I think that Corey is so well known that he says what he thinks that even if his best friend was doing bad music he wouldn't even hesitate to say "Dude, you suck". And in fact even if its "I say I like it, even though its not true, because he is my friend..." then thats worse. I mean..Regardless of how close you are with someone, you should flat out say that something sucks if it does.

Or is that just me?

I agree, that's why I think that what he said is what he meant...If something bothers him he says it (Sometimes too often and he is like the Trump of Metal)